0-2

The Dude

Some positives:

1. That happened with our backup quarterback. Martinez looked like a stud game one and he'll be back.

2. It looked like a breakdown from everywhere. That won't happen most games.

3. We are undefeated in conference play.

4. LSU lost at home to Troy last year and went on to beat ranked opponents and look really good year two.

Just trying to be positive

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2

1 hour ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

This group just does not know how to win. It is not in their make up right now. We are seeing how bad this group really was last year and how far they have to go. It is frustrating to watch the same crap go on that went on with previous two staffs. Habits are hard to break and this group has some terrible habits!

I was just thinking pretty much the same thing.  This team, right now, is in what I call free fall.  What too many people don't seem to get is that there is no clear line of separation from one coaching staff to another--there is a lot of over-lap. 

Under Bo Pelini, especially his last two years, coaching was mediocre and there was minimal effort put into strength and conditioning. 

Under Riley, the coaching was non-existent and there was zero emphasis on strength and conditioning.

In summary, the previous five years at Nebraska were an utter pooh show of incompetence, physical weakness, and just a generally bad demeanor among the team.  Five years of that.  And some of you think because it is Frost he's coming in here and waving a magic wand and suddenly everything is better?  Go to the movies if you want that kind of fantasy fulfillment.

What I am trying to say is this team hasn't hit bottom yet.  Things are probably going to get worse before they get better.

Was I potentially overly optimistic prior to the season?  Guilty.  But hold your breath if you're waiting for an apology.

We have 10 games left.  The season IS NOT over.  I'm glad the players don't give up as easily as some of you do.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Bunch is out of his league.  We will not win a game with him at qb

He threw for a 70% completion percentage. 

The fact that our special teams let them run a touchdown back and our kicker missed a field goal was not his fault. Our offensive line got horrible push on multiple 3rd & shorts. That was just painful to watch. 

We should have won the game 23-17.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Undone said:

He threw for a 70% completion percentage. 

The fact that our special teams let them run a touchdown back and our kicker missed a field goal was not his fault. Our offensive line got horrible push on multiple 3rd & shorts. That was just painful to watch. 

We should have won the game 23-17.

Well said