Rate the 3 facets: Poll

C N Red

Rate the 3 facets  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Feel free to give some reasons why you rated certain facets where you did. Im a little surprised with defense getting a lot of B's. They have no doubt been better, but have also gotten some bad penalties and havent been able to hold up late in the 4th quarter and get crucial stops in both games. Also some big break downs in running game defense today and passing defense against CU. Are you basing your grade off of where we came from, or basing it off of where we need to be? Im basing my grade off of where we need to be. We are just an average defense right now imo.

Just now, Bball1091 said:

Very much like the idea of this poll. Any chance this could broken to - & + for each letter. Otherwise, I don’t think accurately portrays how one may feel. There is a lot of room between each letter.

I was going to but seemed like a lot of choices. Just wanted to keep it simple.

Grade off of where we came from.

Offense a C. The OL needs a lot of work. Running backs specifically Washington looked good as well as most of the receivers. Helps there score from a D or F. QB had a decent completion rate however most of them  as my wife noticed where 10 feet passes. (She asked me why does Nebraska not like to throw it long like other teams... long conversation she is new to watching football.)

Defense did a winnable job to hold the line so a B. For an A more sacks, any turnovers.

Special teams yes they gave up a TD and let a lot of those rugby kicks go long but over all looked decent.

That is my logic if you dont agree with my grades you can appeal it to the dean.

F/B/F

Offense was pretty inept. Only scored 19 points and turned the ball over 3 times.

Defense was the bright spot for me. IDT we looked quite as energized as we were against Colorado but only giving up 17 points should win you a game and the offense didn’t help us here at all. Losing Barry hurt. I understand by rule it’s a targeting but I just wish they would redo the rule to add in what the offensive player is doing and intent of the defender. Honas missed a tackle on each of their rushing TDs.

Edit- didn’t occur to me you meant both games not just the Troy game

In my minds eye the grade has to be where we came from not where we should be because football is a game of improving game to game day to day. It is impossible to know how good we need to be when Alabama sells it soul again for a demon team. 

Offense - B - We are doing a lot of things well.  There are definitely things that need to get better but overall we've done pretty well considering we've started two QBs who were both starting their first game in awhile.

Defense - B - When you play an aggressive style, you're going to give up a few big plays.  We gave up three today - runs of 57 and 26 and a 39 yard pass play.  On Troy's other 52 plays they gained 131 yards which is 2.5 yards per play.  Even the overall average of 4.6 isn't terrible.  Played much of the game without our best defender.

Special Teams - D - Probably could be an F but our Kickoff and Kickoff return units were pretty good.

According to this poll: 

O&D = C

Special Teams = D

Ideally, I’d give the Defense a C+ and the Offensive a B-.

Offense has multiple turnovers, and the creativity in the offense in comparion of starter v. backup is pretty wide. Offense has been able to score with a capable QB though. 

Defense has made stupid mental mistakes/penalties and has not created all the turnovers that were raved about in the offseason.

Special Teams gets a D, because they haven’t done much at all. 

I voted 

offense D

defense C

st F

the offense was pretty bad. The only real positive I saw was Washington. The line was awful, bunch was extremely mediocre, the receivers were meh, the play calling was bad. Not a good day from the unit i expected to carry the team.

the defense was pretty good, however, costly penalties and giving up big plays and penalties, nuff said. I do like the aggression and think there is a lot of positives from the d.

st.....missed field goals, 10 yard punts, giving up a punt return td, no significant returns. Our special teams continue to be the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked. Have we even attempted a punt return in the last 3 years? Seriously?

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, HuskerJax said:

I voted 

offense D

defense C

st F

the offense was pretty bad. The only real positive I saw was Washington. The line was awful, bunch was extremely mediocre, the receivers were meh, the play calling was bad. Not a good day from the unit i expected to carry the team.

the defense was pretty good, however, costly penalties and giving up big plays and penalties, nuff said. I do like the aggression and think there is a lot of positives from the d.

st.....missed field goals, 10 yard punts, giving up a punt return td, no significant returns. Our special teams continue to be the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked. Have we even attempted a punt return in the last 3 years? Seriously?

+1 for you.  Your grades mirrored mine and Washington was the only bright spot today.  You bring a good point on ST.  Our punt return game has been non-existent for too long.  

Offense C

The line is inconsistent.  You see the backs either find a crease or have to improvise.  Against Colo and Troy.  Wait til Michigan and the big boys square off.  Can forget about running room.  And both teams got pressure on the QB.  So you ask yourself how is it that the defense can do both and mess up our flow?  I don't like the drops by the wideouts, the several fumbles, and penalties that put us in a hole.  I do like our skill players....Martinez, Washington, Morgan, Spielman, Williams, and TE's have been okay.  The line is not terrible, they have vastly improved.  They just muck things up more than I'd like to see.

Defense B

Way improved.  Aggressive.  Defenders.  Flying around.  Coverage.  Still some miss tackles.  Still some bone head plays.  But the ceiling is high.  I like this group.

Special Teams F

Flags, missed field goals (leaving points off the board), a punt return given up for a TD, our own returner running laterally across the field while the flags fly... I am surprised and disappointed in this group.  Don't have to be dynamite or great.  Just be good and not below average. 

So far, I voted with the majority.  It is a process and I will be very patient this year.  We have one of the finest coaches in the game today.  He will mold this team into a contender within the next two years.  Just happy to see a coach who cares about losses.  I am looking forward to our trip to the Big House next week.  Headed up on Friday, and plan to be loud and proud.  Extra bonus, we are going to Lions-Pats on Sunday.  GBR