Targeting

Gage County

I think the targeting rule is so positive, and forward thinking that we need to apply the concept of protecting athletes from themselves to other sports as well. 

Therefore I propose that we video and review the back swing of every golfer and long drive competitor.  We know that excessive twisting of the back leads to injuries, so a maximum angle of the club will be applied and if the back swing exceeds this angle, the player will be automatically disqualified from the competition.

In tennis we know that severe tennis elbow is related to racket speeds and torque.  Therefore any serve over 100 mph will be automatic grounds for disqualification from a tournament.

In womens volleyball, any impact from the volleyball to an opposing player with excessive speed has the potential to cause lifelong injuries including CTE.  Therefore any hitter striking a ball in such a way that the ball hits an opposing player above the waist, with forceful or high velocity will be automatically ejected.

Rodeo is completely unsafe therefore any athlete who merely sends in an entry fee to a rodeo event will be deemed insane and automatically banned from any NCAA sport for life.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, C N Red said:

Really dont think Barrys should have been called targeting. Felt it was more of a personal foul. But, who the f#&% really knows what targeting is, one ref calls it one way and another ref a different way.

When you really look at it closely, I don't think it was that much contact.

But you're never going to get the benefit of the doubt when you dive at a guys head when he's already on the ground.

33 minutes ago, Mavric said:

When you really look at it closely, I don't think it was that much contact.

But you're never going to get the benefit of the doubt when you dive at a guys head when he's already on the ground.

If you play continually fast like Alabama that hit does not look out of place.  Alabama and the SEC in general has harder hitting and less targeting called.

7 hours ago, 3rd and long said:

Apparently were going to see it called a lot this year. Another ejection in the Texas-USC game.  So that’s at least three today. 

That ejection of the SC player was garbage.  The UT QB had a loose helmet so it looked bad when it came off.  If it “looks” or makes a loud noise, those soy refs throw the flag.