Over-reaction

Just now, Cdog923 said:

Of course you are. So are the rest of us. That type of an answer is a cop-out, though. 

fine...call Moos and tell him how to fix this.    i expected a rebuilding year.  i guess i was suppose to expect a title year.   sorry....i will turn in my fan card and forget about the huskers now.  is that better?

Just now, commando said:

fine...call Moos and tell him how to fix this.    i expected a rebuilding year.  i guess i was suppose to expect a title year.   sorry....i will turn in my fan card and forget about the huskers now.  is that better?

You've made a wonderful strawman argument here. I haven't called for firing any coaches, or mentioned anything about any sort of expectations for what the team this year could achieve; nor have I called for the turning in of any mythical "fan cards". I simply asked "what is an unacceptable outcome for the season". No more, and no less. If you're fine with any sort of a record just because it's a "rebuilding" year, then fine. I don't necessarily believe that to be the entire truth, but I'll take it at face value and believe you. 

• Plus1 1

I just got on the message board, and find I’m one of the few who agree with OP.  We installed a new offense, new defense, missed our first game, and have a walk on qb, and are still competitive.  I think both Colorado and Troy (more so for Troy) are good teams, and believe these loses are more a reflection of them and not us.  I think we’ve played pretty good, and have gotten significantly better since Frost has arrived.  Our stats are good, with the exception of the turnovers.  The players are much stronger and are playing hard.  Yes, it sucks that we didn’t get that first game in, as I think that would have helped us dramatically, but those are the cards we’ve been dealt.  My only issue, if I had to play Monday morning qb, is not addressing the depth at qb in the off season.  But I understand what happened and that the coaches were shocked by TG’s departure.  If TG was here, or the turnovers went in our favor, I’m pretty sure we’d be undefeated. The big down side is the schedule, and the number of hard games we have.  But we already know that.

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Dagerow said:

I just got on the message board, and find I’m one of the few who agree with OP.  We installed a new offense, new defense, missed our first game, and have a walk on qb, and are still competitive.  I think both Colorado and Troy (more so for Troy) are good teams, and believe these loses are more a reflection of them and not us.  I think we’ve played pretty good, and have gotten significantly better since Frost has arrived.  Our stats are good, with the exception of the turnovers.  The players are much stronger and are playing hard.  Yes, it sucks that we didn’t get that first game in, as I think that would have helped us dramatically, but those are the cards we’ve been dealt.  My only issue, if I had to play Monday morning qb, is not addressing the depth at qb in the off season.  But I understand what happened and that the coaches were shocked by TG’s departure.  If TG was here, or the turnovers went in our favor, I’m pretty sure we’d be undefeated. The big down side is the schedule, and the number of hard games we have.  But we already know that.

No, just about everybody agrees with the OP and threads like this are condescending toward people who come to a sports board to discuss things. Cheerleading is fine unless it's aimed at those 'bad fans' who discuss things. But that's why the browbeating is funny ,because somebody always does it.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

No, just about everybody agrees with the OP and threads like this are condescending toward people who come to a sports board to discuss things. Cheerleading is fine unless it's aimed at those 'bad fans' who discuss things. But that's why the browbeating is funny ,because somebody always does it.

It’s not brow beating. I have no problem with pitch forks when it makes sense. 2 games in makes no sense. I have seen people ask about firing assistants already. Seriously- after we fired solich Nebraska was a job no one wanted. We are finally wiping that stink off our program. The only reason that stink is going away is because the hottest coaching hire in college football was a Nebraska alumni. 

So I hate seeing our fans feeding the narrative that we are a unrealistic impossible to please fan base. I’m guessing the ink is barely dry on our assistant coaches mortgages and we are asking about who to fire if needed. 

We have a great staff who inherited a s#!t hole left by Riley and the last 16 years of bad football. I don’t blame this staff YET. They are 2 games in trying to turn our mess around 

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

It’s not brow beating. I have no problem with pitch forks when it makes sense. 2 games in makes no sense. I have seen people ask about firing assistants already. Seriously- after we fired solich Nebraska was a job no one wanted. We are finally wiping that stink off our program. The only reason that stink is going away is because the hottest coaching hire in college football was a Nebraska alumni. 

So I hate seeing our fans feeding the narrative that we are a unrealistic impossible to please fan base. I’m guessing the ink is barely dry on our assistant coaches mortgages and we are asking about who to fire if needed. 

We have a great staff who inherited a s#!t hole left by Riley and the last 16 years of bad football. I don’t blame this staff YET. They are 2 games in trying to turn our mess around 

There are always a few lunatics who post crazy things. You're right, we should beat the heck out of them.

I've seen a lot of disappointment but haven't seen too many people giving up by any means. We lost by a few points to two decent programs.

We are going to be fine. Our problem is psychological, not physical. It seems like for the past few years our team doesn't know how to rise to the occasion. This week it was the oline and the defense's time to rise to the occasion, but they didn't. Last week, the WRs. On both occasions we were close to being there. When, not if, our guys get over that hump we'll win a lot games; but right now we are just learning.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

0-2 is uncharted territory for approximately 100% of the people on this forum.  

If you think you know how everyone should react, you're probably wrong.

Wild eyed panic and bitter teeth gnashing, with Sip wondering whether we should burn up Martinez’ knee on Twitter, is panicky and dumb.  It just is.