Positives?

Jeremy

I know this won't be a real popular topic, but what positives, if any, did you all see? 

Personally:

1.There were several times our defense looked pretty athletic, Troy couldn't do much. Honas stepped in and has some speed to work with, made some nice hits. Good to see Jackson get a pick. 

2. While the offense sputtered most of the day, the super fast play really had Troy on their heels. I didn't think we'd see such fast play for a few more games, and we pulled it off with a walk-on 4th stringer. I'm thinking good things will happen when AM is back. 

3. Special Teams weren't good. But- Pickering can make chip shots, and I have a feeling it's just a matter of time before JD breaks a kick return. 

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

I know this won't be a real popular topic, but what positives, if any, did you all see? 

Personally:

1.There were several times our defense looked pretty athletic, Troy couldn't do much. Honas stepped in and has some speed to work with, made some nice hits. Good to see Jackson get a pick. 

2. While the offense sputtered most of the day, the super fast play really had Troy on their heels. I didn't think we'd see such fast play for a few more games, and we pulled it off with a walk-on 4th stringer. I'm thinking good things will happen when AM is back. 

3. Special Teams weren't good. But- Pickering can make chip shots, and I have a feeling it's just a matter of time before JD breaks a kick return. 

Bro that dude played terrible he was smoked on the pick play

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

Personally:

Is this a comedic post? Your three points are all things that need improvement. I will respond to each accordingly.

1. When Honas was first put in after Barry’s ejection, he attempted to arm tackle around the 8-10 yard line and gave up a missed tackle which led to a touchdown. Thereafter, agreed, he played well. Lamar Jackson got beat all game long. Specifically and in direct opposition to your point, he was lucky to have the pick, had that not been an underthrown ball, it would have been a touchdown.

2. At times, it seems that the fast playcalling is beneficial. However, sometimes in crucial downs, it seems that coaches are trying to go so fast that they sacrfice either the correct play call or having the correct personnel in the game given the down/situation. In fact, we ran the same play back to back just for sake of going fast. That is not efficient or beneficial to the team.

3. Pickering can’t hit a FG at 30+ yards apparently, which is very concerning. We have gotten no significant kick or punt return in 2 games.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

14 minutes ago, Bball1091 said:

Is this a comedic post? Your three points are all things that need improvement. I will respond to each accordingly.

1. When Honas was first put in after Barry’s ejection, he attempted to arm tackle around the 8-10 yard line and gave up a missed tackle which led to a touchdown. Thereafter, agreed, he played well. Lamar Jackson got beat all game long. Specifically and in direct opposition to your point, he was lucky to have the pick, had that not been an underthrown ball, it would have been a touchdown.

2. At times, it seems that the fast playcalling is beneficial. However, sometimes in crucial downs, it seems that coaches are trying to go so fast that they sacrfice either the correct play call or having the correct personnel in the game given the down/situation. In fact, we ran the same play back to back just for sake of going fast. That is not efficient or beneficial to the team.

3. Pickering can’t hit a FG at 30+ yards apparently, which is very concerning. We have gotten no significant kick or punt return in 2 games.

I know Honas missed that tackle, but God, who hasn't on this defense? I'm just saying he looked pretty quick at times. 

The fast play led directly to one of our scores. Three times, as many as 5 Troy defenders weren't lined up or ready. 

I know things are bad with kicking, but he did make two. 

Get off my back. I'm just trying to find some good things in a sea of negativity. 

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

I know Honas missed that tackle, but God, who hasn't on this defense? I'm just saying he looked pretty quick at times. 

The fast play led directly to one of our scores. Three times, as many as 5 Troy defenders weren't lined up or ready. 

I know things are bad with kicking, but he did make two. 

Get off my back. I'm just trying to find some good things in a sea of negativity. 

Not on your back. We happen to disagree and I pointed out where I disagree; hence, the point of a message board. 

With that said, trying to find the positive is very therapeutic. Wish, I could do the same at this juncture. Need to give it a few more games in more opinion to see some real progress.

• Plus1 1

We are not far away, you can almost see shades of a good team underneath all the deadly mistakes. At moments the team looks brilliant,  just keeps shooting themselves in the foot. Eventually it will click, when it does this team will be dangerous. Not having our starting qb was obviously huge. Next week will be ugly unless the online gets their heads out of their rears. After that, I bet we see some success

• Plus1 2