Positives?

Jeremy

Positives:

1) Frost isn't sugar coating sh!t.  Listen to what he's not saying in the press conferences....He has a definitive scheme and plan.  Get with it now. Or get your a$$ out of my locker room.

2) Stan Morgan Jr.  Simply balls out.  All day.  Every day.

3) Mo Washington- Mr Space Cowboy himself.  From the song and because he is hard to deal with in space.

4) Barry-Even for the boneheaded play.  He brings it every down.  NU has been missing that head hunter guy since Larry Assante IMO. A guy who people need to watch out for.  A big hitter.

5) I personally realized this isn't a year 2 turn around.  It'll take 3-4 minimum.

6) Lastly, moral victories aren't.  BUT-A Riley coached team gets woodshedded in the same scenario.  Both O and D are playing better despite the record.  

• Plus1 2

Frost's offense is going to be fun to watch.  Even with the roster flipping he did, he has to play the hand he has now.

The real culture switch is when the players initiate the accountability instead of the coaches.

The final piece is going to be getting the players to care.....to really care.  I'm convinced under Riley they did not care.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, HuskerJax said:

We are not far away, you can almost see shades of a good team underneath all the deadly mistakes. At moments the team looks brilliant,  just keeps shooting themselves in the foot. Eventually it will click, when it does this team will be dangerous. Not having our starting qb was obviously huge. Next week will be ugly unless the online gets their heads out of their rears. After that, I bet we see some success

c'mon man, we're 0-2 for the first time since the 50s. this is not going to be a ucf rebuild. we are at least 4-5 years away from really competing.

9 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

c'mon man, we're 0-2 for the first time since the 50s. this is not going to be a ucf rebuild. we are at least 4-5 years away from really competing.

I’m not saying we are going to win the West this year, but I think the light will go on and we will win some of our remaining games. You misunderstood what I was saying I think. I bet next year we are in the race for the west and see a marked improvement. I see year 3 as the year we have a real shot at something special, although 4 or 5 is possible too. I just think if Martinez can stay healthy with the core of young talent he has around him, plus any incoming talent, it will happen sooner rather than later

also, since our starting qb was out we still haven’t really seen this offense grow and move as it’s supposed to. It’s not like this was an established unit plugging in a new qb, everything is still new to these guys and losing Martinez pauses the learning curve

7 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

Well Mr.Sunshine, what's better, really competing in 4-5 years or never improving and never competing?

I don't agree with your 4-5 year time table but I've seen enough pissing and moaning from you to wonder what your deal is. Just unhappy that we're 0-2 and making sure everybody else knows it? Here's a clue, nobody's happy about it, most of all the players and coaches.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, alwayshusking said:

Don't want to tell others how to be fans bc that's silly. But I look at this as a ground up rebuild. Frost literally needs to fix every facet of the program to get back to where we were under Osborne. I am going to enjoy watching us improve and believe he's the guy.

Could I be wrong? Maybe, but the odds are low imo. GBR

Agreed.  There are some things.....some details.....that are fun to watch.

We have some players who can operate in space.  Once we really learn perimeter blocking without committing penalties, we're gonna score some points.

Sometimes learning aggressiveness draws some laundry on both sides of the ball.

Frost's no fear of failure means there will be some failure.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, alwayshusking said:

Don't want to tell others how to be fans bc that's silly. But I look at this as a ground up rebuild. Frost literally needs to fix every facet of the program to get back to where we were under Osborne. I am going to enjoy watching us improve and believe he's the guy.

Could I be wrong? Maybe, but the odds are low imo. GBR

BOOM!!!!!

As frustrating as it is to be where we are now, the rebuild is going to be exciting. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Agreed.  There are some things.....some details.....that are fun to watch.

We have some players who can operate in space.  Once we really learn perimeter blocking without committing penalties, we're gonna score some points.

Sometimes learning aggressiveness draws some laundry on both sides of the ball.

Frost's no fear of failure means there will be some failure.

You can see some of the pieces of the puzzle but it isn't ready to be completed yet. Excited to watch the next few seasons.