Offensive line play

lo country

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

Vs Troy, Ozigbo had 2 tries from the Troy 7 to get it into the end zone.  He got 2 yards total.

Yeah...

I think as Knapp and others alluded to either earlier in this thread or another thread was that the play calling also probably should have been a bit different in these situations. Combining that with how we seemed kind of one-dimensional with Bunch in the game, we just needed something different.

50 minutes ago, Undone said:

Yeah...

I think as Knapp and others alluded to either earlier in this thread or another thread was that the play calling also probably should have been a bit different in these situations. Combining that with how we seemed kind of one-dimensional with Bunch in the game, we just needed something different.

The problem is that's basically the only type of play-calling that fits Ozigbo.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Agreed.

Hopefully Frost & Co. gleaned a lot of things from watching the tape from Troy.

My thought is, if it's 3rd & 2 and Ozigbo's in there, play action, roll out, and throw it to him into the flat, etc., etc.  There were so many things that went wrong in the fourth quarter offensively against Troy.

44 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I think if the O-Line can improve, and Adrian stays healthy, defenses will be more on their heels where Ozigbo may not be needed as much.  Washington on a 4th and 1, with a healthy Adrian and competent O-Line?  Why not give it to a guy that can house it vs stumble for 2 feet or nothing?

Just now, DefenderAO said:

I think if the O-Line can improve, and Adrian stays healthy, defenses will be more on their heels where Ozigbo may not be needed as much.  Washington on a 4th and 1, with a healthy Adrian and competent O-Line?  Why not give it to a guy that can house it vs stumble for 2 feet or nothing?

Exactly.  But I think it's more a matter of Washington getting the playbook figured out than the OL figuring it out.

4 hours ago, Undone said:

Yeah...

very predictable play call, that one is on Frost......especially if the D loaded the box, probably too much to expect Bunch to audible.