Nebraska Will Play On October 27 Against Bethune-Cookman

seaofred92

How about we cancel some of the away games (Ohio State, etc) and schedule Colorado, Troy and Akron and maybe a couple others).   I like a redo our non-con and we are trying to get to a winning season and bowl game and financially if we did away with those games away from Memorial stadium we'd save a lot of travel costs and go sell a whole bunch of half price tickets to the hundreds of thousands of fans who can't afford to go to the limited number we have now.   

Let's do scout some North Carloina schools as maybe they'll need some make up dates in next three or four weeks.   More home games in October makes nice weather too!    A win, win, win and win situation.   Heck, by replaying our first two, we can turn this season into a 13-0 season after all!

37 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

How about we cancel some of the away games (Ohio State, etc) and schedule Colorado, Troy and Akron and maybe a couple others).   I like a redo our non-con and we are trying to get to a winning season and bowl game and financially if we did away with those games away from Memorial stadium we'd save a lot of travel costs and go sell a whole bunch of half price tickets to the hundreds of thousands of fans who can't afford to go to the limited number we have now.   

Let's do scout some North Carloina schools as maybe they'll need some make up dates in next three or four weeks.   More home games in October makes nice weather too!    A win, win, win and win situation.   Heck, by replaying our first two, we can turn this season into a 13-0 season after all!

I want to assume you're joking, but I just can't tell

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

My money is on Marshall.

Did I mention my money is on Marshall? Marshall missed a $1.4M payday when the South Carolina game was cancelled.

EDIT: No they didn't.

Those agreements are protected by an event cancellation policy, which is purchased by Conference USA to protect member institutions in case of revenue loss from game cancellations.

In that case it is doubtful that it will be someone from Conference USA.
I'm guessing it will be Tennessee State. Like Nebraska, they lost a home game to lightning this year (vs Jackson St.) and then the following week they had a 2nd game cancelled due to Florence. I'm guessing they could use a payday.

EDIT 2: Except Moos said FCS schools have to "jump through hoops to play a 12th game". This wouldn't be Tennessee State's twelfth.

• Mavric changed the title to Nebraska Will Play On October 27 Against Bethune-Cookman