seaofred92

Nebraska Will Play On October 27 Against Bethune-Cookman

Wait a minute...with the way the season's been going, what if WE'RE being scheduled as the easy win for one of the hurricane make-ups?  I kid, I kid...

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Man everybody is up in the tree fort on a day off from school and they didn't tell me?  *kicks rocks*

Har har har har!  We pull the ladder up the second we enter the fort!

25 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Hmmm, old news if you are part of the super secret PM's.  HAHAHAHAHAHA

Or listen to the radio.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Can we please schedule a 13th game on Dec 1 too? Would love to get 13 games in and better our odds of 6 wins :)

We're going to be playing that day anyway.

How about we cancel some of the away games (Ohio State, etc) and schedule Colorado, Troy and Akron and maybe a couple others).   I like a redo our non-con and we are trying to get to a winning season and bowl game and financially if we did away with those games away from Memorial stadium we'd save a lot of travel costs and go sell a whole bunch of half price tickets to the hundreds of thousands of fans who can't afford to go to the limited number we have now.   

Let's do scout some North Carloina schools as maybe they'll need some make up dates in next three or four weeks.   More home games in October makes nice weather too!    A win, win, win and win situation.   Heck, by replaying our first two, we can turn this season into a 13-0 season after all!

37 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

How about we cancel some of the away games (Ohio State, etc) and schedule Colorado, Troy and Akron and maybe a couple others).   I like a redo our non-con and we are trying to get to a winning season and bowl game and financially if we did away with those games away from Memorial stadium we'd save a lot of travel costs and go sell a whole bunch of half price tickets to the hundreds of thousands of fans who can't afford to go to the limited number we have now.   

Let's do scout some North Carloina schools as maybe they'll need some make up dates in next three or four weeks.   More home games in October makes nice weather too!    A win, win, win and win situation.   Heck, by replaying our first two, we can turn this season into a 13-0 season after all!

I want to assume you're joking, but I just can't tell

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

My money is on Marshall.

Did I mention my money is on Marshall? Marshall missed a $1.4M payday when the South Carolina game was cancelled.

EDIT: No they didn't.

Those agreements are protected by an event cancellation policy, which is purchased by Conference USA to protect member institutions in case of revenue loss from game cancellations.

In that case it is doubtful that it will be someone from Conference USA.
I'm guessing it will be Tennessee State. Like Nebraska, they lost a home game to lightning this year (vs Jackson St.) and then the following week they had a 2nd game cancelled due to Florence. I'm guessing they could use a payday.

EDIT 2: Except Moos said FCS schools have to "jump through hoops to play a 12th game". This wouldn't be Tennessee State's twelfth.

24 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

Did I mention my money is on Marshall? Marshall missed a $1.4M payday when the South Carolina game was cancelled.

You're going to lose your money because it's not Marshall.

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

You're going to lose your money because it's not Marshall.

I had two edits in on that long before this post. :\

1 minute ago, The Murphinator said:

I heard a rumor about Bethune-Cookman being the opponent. Is that what you are hearing?

That's who we are in the final stages with at the moment. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

So your rumor was a good one based on my rumors:-P 

Not really I was watching big red wrap up and Kugler was talking about how they could be the opponent.

4 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Not really I was watching big red wrap up and Kugler was talking about how they could be the opponent.

Good to know, I sent a text a lil while ago and just got it back so I came and posted it. Hopefully my guy wasnt just watching tv lol 

15 minutes ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

Let Bethune-Cookman bring their band and show ours what a fun halftime show looks like 

I wondered if it was a HBCU school.  Bring the band!  I love watching Battle of the Bands especially Grambling and Southern.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I wondered if it was a HBCU school.  Bring the band!  I love watching Battle of the Bands especially Grambling and Southern.

Texas A&M brought their band up one year - must have been 99 - and they performed at halftime.  They were pretty impressive to watch but their style was definitely different than what B-C would be.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:30 PM, Mavric said:

Texas A&M brought their band up one year - must have been 99 - and they performed at halftime.  They were pretty impressive to watch but their style was definitely different than what B-C would be.

Greatest halftime performance in the history of Memorial Stadium.  Light years better than a "Salute to Annie" or the normal stuff our band plays.

• Upvote 1