2021 G Hunter Sallis [Gonzaga - Signed LOI]

• 1 month later...

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/plus/two-visits-in-one-day-millard-north-s-hunter-sallis/article_d857639c-2d7b-5e01-a5ab-dcd8c7e61309.html

An in-state recruiting battle may have intensified Saturday when Millard North guard Hunter Sallis visited both Nebraska and Creighton in the same day.

The 6-foot-3, 150-pound sophomore made an unofficial visit to Nebraska on Saturday morning and attended the football game against Bethune-Cookman. It was his second unofficial visit to Lincoln this fall.

"Saturday was different," Sallis said. "I felt more comfortable there and I feel like the relationship between me and (assistant coach Michael) Lewis is getting stronger every time I see him."

Sallis has been most impressed with the Huskers' fan base.

"The thing I like most about Nebraska is the atmosphere," Sallis said. "They have die-hard fans that really care about Nebraska."

Nebraska has made a big push with in-state prospects lately. The Huskers signed Platteview forward Brady Heiman in the 2018 class. 2019 Omaha Creighton Prep forward Akol Arop committed to Nebraska earlier this month, and 2020 Lincoln North Star guard Donovan Williams committed in August. NU has also offered Bellevue West’s Chucky Hepburn in the 2021 class.

After spending time in Lincoln, Sallis made it back to Omaha to check out Creighton. He was one of six unofficial visitors that attended the exhibition game Saturday night and liked what he saw from the Bluejays.

"I like the style of play and the intensity that the players play with at Creighton," Sallis said. "I also like how (Creighton coach Greg McDermott) just lets the guys play without having to worry about making mistakes."

• Plus1 2
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • seaofred92 changed the title to 2021 G Hunter Sallis [Gonzaga - Signed LOI]