2021 G Hunter Sallis [Gonzaga - Signed LOI]

FH has the potential to be one of the better coaches in the country and this team will not be a bottom feeder by HS soph year.  HS will delay his decision as long as possible to see how NU improves.  The three players that are not playing this season could be 3 of our top 5 next year and I'm sure it has been discussed regarding the team's potential.

1 hour ago, GBRFAN said:

FH has the potential to be one of the better coaches in the country and this team will not be a bottom feeder by HS soph year.  HS will delay his decision as long as possible to see how NU improves.  The three players that are not playing this season could be 3 of our top 5 next year and I'm sure it has been discussed regarding the team's potential.

It doesn't matter what we might be by his sophomore year.  It mainly matter what we are this year - which is at the bottom of the conference.  He will likely sign in November next year so this year is all he really has to go by.

And even if he thinks we'll trend upwards, we're still nowhere near Kansas, Gonzaga and others that are offering.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

That's all well and good.

But he has a chance to play for almost any program in the country for almost any of the best coaches there are.  Compared to a team that is probably going to finish at the bottom of it's conference.

There is even speculation that he'll transfer to a prep school for his senior year to be able to play against the best in the country.  If that happens, it will pretty much answer the "stay close to home" question.

I don’t disagree one bit. It’s going to take some great work to get him to Nebraska. Just wanted to point out what they have said. This is at least in their mind. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

The basketball recruiting calendar is confusing to me. 

typically when would he be committing?

If he's planning to sign in November he would probably commit sometime this summer. If he is willing to wait until the late signing period (May '21) he could wait until after next season - March of '21 or later.

16 hours ago, Mavric said:

It doesn't matter what we might be by his sophomore year.  It mainly matter what we are this year - which is at the bottom of the conference.  He will likely sign in November next year so this year is all he really has to go by.

And even if he thinks we'll trend upwards, we're still nowhere near Kansas, Gonzaga and others that are offering.

I dont know if I see him signing in nov unless he is already in line with NU.  The state of nebraska is a big draw here and will keep him interested.  We don't have to be equal to ks and others we just need to show relevance. There is a lot of talent on the bench.

42 minutes ago, cornheadnation said:

The only problem I have the whole argument that he wants to stay close to home, that blue school in east Omaha. 

If the kid believes Hoiberg will get the train moving. Lincoln has the facilities and all the other sports like Football that can be a draw. If he is a football fan, he may want to be part of that sports club. Just saying that if Nebraska gets good and the basketball choice is equal. Then Lincoln wins with all the other things it has going for it.

• Fire 1
28 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

If the kid believes Hoiberg will get the train moving. Lincoln has the facilities and all the other sports like Football that can be a draw. If he is a football fan, he may want to be part of that sports club. Just saying that if Nebraska gets good and the basketball choice is equal. Then Lincoln wins with all the other things it has going for it.

I definitely hope you’re right! I’m tired of losing out on all the good in state kids. 

• Plus1 1

Sallis is currently in contact and being target by nearly 20 programs, yes, 20 programs.

“I’ve been talking to Iowa State, Oregon, Marquette, Kansas, Iowa, Gonzaga, UConn, Cal Berkley, Alabama, Arkansas, Mizzou, Ohio State, Nebraska, Creighton, and Ole Miss,” Sallis said, and that was just to name a few.

He’s visited schools like Nebraska and Creighton, those being the local schools but he says that he’s currently working on one visit that is close to being confirmed with a date.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • seaofred92 changed the title to 2021 G Hunter Sallis [Gonzaga - Signed LOI]