2021 G Hunter Sallis [Gonzaga - Signed LOI]

• 1 month later...
On 4/27/2020 at 7:42 PM, seaofred92 said:

And there’s the offer:

Always easy to second guess but you wonder if Hoiberg and co used the official visit too early here. Although I guess the plan was probably to try to get him to commit before he blew up nationally. 

Fred could have 5 official visits, a bag full of money, the kid's favorite pizza and the A Team from Shakers, the odds are heavily against Sallis coming to Nebraska. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Fred could have 5 official visits, a bag full of money, the kid's favorite pizza and the A Team from Shakers, the odds are heavily against Sallis coming to Nebraska. 

The pitch now has to be "Come to Nebraska and start something or go to a blue blood and be just another guy who played there."

13 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

The word is he wants to stay near home. UNC had a bad year for the first time in a long time. So there could be some intrigue with early playing time. 

In my opinion, the Kansas offer is what worries me. They are not very far from Omaha and they have such a good program. We need him, but like EC said does he go to KU and sit for two years or got to Nebraska where he will play immediately. 

• Plus1 2
13 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

The word is he wants to stay near home. UNC had a bad year for the first time in a long time. So there could be some intrigue with early playing time. 

In my opinion, the Kansas offer is what worries me. They are not very far from Omaha and they have such a good program. We need him, but like EC said does he go to KU and sit for two years or got to Nebraska where he will play immediately. 

If he ends up at KU or UNC I will be unhappy but I will understand.  If he ends up at Creighton, I will be using words that I can't use on this board.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 2

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's sad that I believe we have absolutely no chance here.  I will be very shocked and very happy if proven wrong.

Definitely agree here.

The only thing I would add is I will be interested to see what he does in college.  I'm not scout and I have basically no experience watching high-end D1 prospects in high school.  But I was surprised that he didn't stand out to me a little more during the state tournament this year.  I did miss the second half of the one game where he apparently went off.  But in the other five halves I watched, I really wouldn't have taken special note of him if I didn't know he was a huge recruit.  I guess I just expected to see more take-over from the (now) #11 player in the country.  To my eye, Saint Thomas made a lot more plays in those games.  And I'm not sure how a five-star guard with three other D1 players on the floor can't find a way to get his team to score a single point for the last four minutes of a state championship game.

• Plus1 4
On 5/29/2020 at 12:41 AM, HuskermanMike said:

Obviously can still go there but... this seems worth monitoring

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

Obviously can still go there but... this seems worth monitoring

Creighton could have a similar punishment.  Possibly more since they didn't fire Preston Murphy immediately.  He was never arrested, but technically keeping him on staff for months after he was linked to the scandal can't look good to the NCAA.

• seaofred92 changed the title to 2021 G Hunter Sallis [Gonzaga - Signed LOI]