2021 G Hunter Sallis [Gonzaga - Signed LOI]

• 2 weeks later...

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just for clarification.  This is Rival's best guess on the rankings, right?

I don't have an argument against their list, but just was thinking this didn't necessarily come from Hunter.

Correct, that whole "Ranking the Contenders" is mostly their best guess.

I thought they usually listed them in order in the graphic but they didn't here.  UNC is thought to be a "dream school" with the edge.  And they basically had NU and Creighton tied in the middle as the home options.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/five-star-hunter-sallis-discusses-latest-in-q-a

A lot of people from my hometown actually think I’m just going to go to a blue blood but I’m still really considering Nebraska and Creighton. I know they are recruiting me hard still and I’m still very much so considering those schools.

Really really good read here on his recruiting cycle and when he may make a decision

• Plus1 1

“Really” wants to take visits before deciding but seems like at least January until that could happen. Bossi thinks the longer it goes the worse it is for schools like UNC. 

Bossi says he’ll either “stay home” and go to Nebraska/Creighton or “Blue Blood” like UNC.

At this point I think the longer this goes the better it is for us. 

On 7/21/2020 at 4:05 PM, seaofred92 said:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/five-star-hunter-sallis-discusses-latest-in-q-a

Really really good read here on his recruiting cycle and when he may make a decision

I like where he said "which school would I have a big impact on".  I think that is obviously what we are selling him.  Go to Kansas or UNC and play with a bunch of other stars, and be just another guy on the roster. Or stay here and be THE star and be a potentially program changing player at your hometown school.  

• Plus1 2
12 hours ago, TonyStalloni said:

I'm wondering if recruits are contemplating the idea that if Roy Williams has another bad year that he might not be the coach at UNC when they are ready to enroll.

Roy did just donate a bunch of cash to UNC...I am sure it was genuine but at the same time I am sure it was a smart move by him.

• Plus1 2
  • seaofred92 changed the title to 2021 G Hunter Sallis [Gonzaga - Signed LOI]