Visits

Twitter:

247 Composite: #61 Overall; #11 SG; .9803; :star:star:star:star 

Rivals: #56 Overall; :star:star:star:star 
247: 
ESPN

Hudl

• Plus1 1

https://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/recruiting/plus/two-visits-in-one-day-millard-north-s-hunter-sallis/article_d857639c-2d7b-5e01-a5ab-dcd8c7e61309.html

An in-state recruiting battle may have intensified Saturday when Millard North guard Hunter Sallis visited both Nebraska and Creighton in the same day.

The 6-foot-3, 150-pound sophomore made an unofficial visit to Nebraska on Saturday morning and attended the football game against Bethune-Cookman. It was his second unofficial visit to Lincoln this fall.

"Saturday was different," Sallis said. "I felt more comfortable there and I feel like the relationship between me and (assistant coach Michael) Lewis is getting stronger every time I see him."

Sallis has been most impressed with the Huskers' fan base.

"The thing I like most about Nebraska is the atmosphere," Sallis said. "They have die-hard fans that really care about Nebraska."

Nebraska has made a big push with in-state prospects lately. The Huskers signed Platteview forward Brady Heiman in the 2018 class. 2019 Omaha Creighton Prep forward Akol Arop committed to Nebraska earlier this month, and 2020 Lincoln North Star guard Donovan Williams committed in August. NU has also offered Bellevue West’s Chucky Hepburn in the 2021 class.

After spending time in Lincoln, Sallis made it back to Omaha to check out Creighton. He was one of six unofficial visitors that attended the exhibition game Saturday night and liked what he saw from the Bluejays.

"I like the style of play and the intensity that the players play with at Creighton," Sallis said. "I also like how (Creighton coach Greg McDermott) just lets the guys play without having to worry about making mistakes."

• Plus1 2

Four-star Hunter Sallis could be one of the best guards that Rivals.com has ever seen coming out of the Omaha area. A smooth scorer who can create off the dribble, knock down jumpers to keep defenders honest and finish in a variety of ways between the rim and 15 feet, Sallis is one of those dudes for who the game comes easy. Next up is for him to start finding teammates more regularly but he's got potential to be a high level college scorer. Creighton would love to keep him home and Nebraska would love to keep him in state. Drake, IowaIowa StateKansas State and Ole Miss are also in hot pursuit early.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/adidas-finale-saturday-elite-wing-harrison-ingram-leads-ygc36-to-title

• Plus1 2

Hunter Sallis is primed for his national emergence

One of the more talented guards to come out of Omaha, Neb., Sallis is the type of breakdown artist who can get whatever shot he wants. He has gotten taller, stronger and more skilled and has already seen the in-state powers, Creighton and Nebraska, and Iowa StateKansas StateOregon and UCLA have come calling. Sallis is good, and he will quickly become a top target for many top programs. 

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/adidas-finale-top-10-takeaways

• Plus1 2

What do you give the chances of Hunter Sallis staying in-State? Creighton or Nebraska more likely?

I will round it out to 60-percent. Hunter Sallis, the top 2021 Nebraska prospect, already holds offers from Creighton and Nebraska. He told Rivals.com last week that he speaks often with Fred Hoiberg, but that he is also on Creighton’s campus ever so often for games during the college season or to play pick-up with their team. The comfort factor and relationships that are forged with Sallis seem to be fairly important whenever it comes to selecting a college, which is why each has a good chance with Nebraska the likeliest at the time being.

However, Sallis is wide open with his recruitment. Kansas State has recruited him pretty heavily and so has Iowa State, a program that might be my choice for who he would commit to today if he felt the need to end his recruitment. He is intrigued by some of the west coast schools, including Oregon, but a college decision remains some time away.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-kentucky-greg-brown-hunter-sallis

• Plus1 2