2021 G Hunter Sallis [Gonzaga - Signed LOI]

Four-star Hunter Sallis could be one of the best guards that Rivals.com has ever seen coming out of the Omaha area. A smooth scorer who can create off the dribble, knock down jumpers to keep defenders honest and finish in a variety of ways between the rim and 15 feet, Sallis is one of those dudes for who the game comes easy. Next up is for him to start finding teammates more regularly but he's got potential to be a high level college scorer. Creighton would love to keep him home and Nebraska would love to keep him in state. Drake, IowaIowa StateKansas State and Ole Miss are also in hot pursuit early.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/adidas-finale-saturday-elite-wing-harrison-ingram-leads-ygc36-to-title

• Plus1 2

Hunter Sallis is primed for his national emergence

One of the more talented guards to come out of Omaha, Neb., Sallis is the type of breakdown artist who can get whatever shot he wants. He has gotten taller, stronger and more skilled and has already seen the in-state powers, Creighton and Nebraska, and Iowa StateKansas StateOregon and UCLA have come calling. Sallis is good, and he will quickly become a top target for many top programs. 

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/adidas-finale-top-10-takeaways

• Plus1 2

What do you give the chances of Hunter Sallis staying in-State? Creighton or Nebraska more likely?

I will round it out to 60-percent. Hunter Sallis, the top 2021 Nebraska prospect, already holds offers from Creighton and Nebraska. He told Rivals.com last week that he speaks often with Fred Hoiberg, but that he is also on Creighton’s campus ever so often for games during the college season or to play pick-up with their team. The comfort factor and relationships that are forged with Sallis seem to be fairly important whenever it comes to selecting a college, which is why each has a good chance with Nebraska the likeliest at the time being.

However, Sallis is wide open with his recruitment. Kansas State has recruited him pretty heavily and so has Iowa State, a program that might be my choice for who he would commit to today if he felt the need to end his recruitment. He is intrigued by some of the west coast schools, including Oregon, but a college decision remains some time away.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-kentucky-greg-brown-hunter-sallis

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Get to see this kid workout 2-3 times a week due to my gym being attached to where he takes 1 on 1 lessons. One of the nicest families you can meet and Hunter is quite possibly the most humble/hard working kid I've met. Will be interesting to see where he ends up going. It's a long shot but if a Duke offer were to come his way that is his dream school and would end things immediately. 

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-missouri/article235288717.html

Missouri recently had 2021 four-star guard Hunter Sallis on campus for an unofficial visit. The Tigers also were in Omaha this past week to check on him. I caught up with Sallis and his coach, Tim Cannon, to see where things stand in his recruitment.

Cannon said Sallis has brought 14 schools to Millard North High School the last nine days. Iowa, California, Missouri, Mississippi, Stanford, Creighton, Nebraska, Omaha, Oregon, Utah State, Iowa State and Arkansas have all watched him, and Alabama plans to visit soon.

Sallis said he loved his visit to Missouri and has also visited Nebraska and Iowa State. 

Cannon said Sallis has an impressive poker face and rarely tips his hand about what he’s thinking with schools but added, “he’s definitely interested in Missouri.”

“I text them a lot,” Sallis said of his relationship with MU’s coaches. “It’s the start of a good relationship.”

• seaofred92 changed the title to 2021 G Hunter Sallis [Gonzaga - Signed LOI]