Nebraska vs. Michigan ..... in 1997

Mavric

When asked about 1997.

Harbaugh:

"I haven't thought about it," said Harbaugh, a Michigan alum. "I have a very small rear view mirror."

Frost:

"You watched the Rose Bowl and the Orange Bowl. Michigan won with a controversial play at the end. We took apart the third-ranked team in the country."

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, nic said:

Misery loves company.

I am not miserable. When I think about 1997 I dont even think about Michigan. They got a wooden trophy and we got the crystal ball. I value the opinion of coaches more than a journalist. Coaches are experts in their field of football. Most journalists know very little about football- so Michigan can take the AP poll. I honestly never think about it- I am just commenting because it is a topic of discussion on game week. 

• Plus1 2

21 minutes ago, nic said:

When asked about 1997.

Harbaugh:

"I haven't thought about it," said Harbaugh, a Michigan alum. "I have a very small rear view mirror."

Frost:

"You watched the Rose Bowl and the Orange Bowl. Michigan won with a controversial play at the end. We took apart the third-ranked team in the country."

Harbaugh was out of college for over a decade before that game was played. Frost was the starting QB for Nebraska that year. I would expect a stronger stance on the topic from someone actually involved that season. 

44 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I am not miserable. When I think about 1997 I dont even think about Michigan. They got a wooden trophy and we got the crystal ball. I value the opinion of coaches more than a journalist. Coaches are experts in their field of football. Most journalists know very little about football- so Michigan can take the AP poll. I honestly never think about it- I am just commenting because it is a topic of discussion on game week. 

No I meant about where both teams have been since 1997.

On 9/18/2018 at 8:08 PM, Gage County said:

I live 15 minutes from the Big House so I keep this handy when discussing 1997

Offense   Defense
  Total Scoring Rushing Passing   Total Scoring Rushing Passing
Nebraska 1 1 1 104!   5 12 3 28
Michigan 44 44 28 63   1 1 7 1
Washington State 2 2 48 4   30 59 27 59
Tennessee 4 14 52 6   32 32 8 96

The stats are misleading with how often 2nd and 3rd string players play in blowouts.  Either way, NU by two touchdowns or more and win 9 out of 10, minimum.