Husker Road Games Attended

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/22/2018 at 3:51 PM, sho said:

Went to Chicago for the NW game the last two times.  Chicago is always a fun trip.   Planning a trip to Minnesota next year and probably NW again in 2 years.   

Planning on getting to Chicago and NW in the near future.  The wife says we can't go until the youngest graduates that is in 2022.

1978 Kansas I think Craig Johnson had a great day toting the rock.  

1983 Orange Bowl vs. Clemson

1985 OSU I think good game like 45 to 10

1989 OB vs Miami

1998 OSU in Arrowhead Took a tour bus on a whim with my wife and another couple.  Were 2 miles from the stadium 3 hours before the game started the traffic was funneling from 6 lanes down to 1.  We had tickets to a pregame tailgate for drinks and food.  I walked into the stadium with 6 minutes left in the first quarter.  I was very pissed and immediately started drinking a lot of beer.  

1999 Iowa St.  Sat hillside.  

2013 UCLA Went with my wife and brother and SIL.  Started tailgating at like 1 for a 7 kickoff my SIL got so drunk she got kicked out of the stadium.  My brother wasn't happy.  I wasn't happy because Pelini couldn't figure out how to stop the crossing routes and gave up a bazillion yards and lost the game. 

2017 Oregon the game sucked but it was kind of a family reunion, spent the weekend on  the Oregon coast.  

Also been to BSU games and went to a Wisconsin at Iowa game in 1984 with friends who went to Iowa.  That was Chuck Long, Ronnie Harman  era.  The game was boring as hell it ended in a 10-10 tie.  This is back when Wisconsin was no good.  The did have Al Toon on the team.  

• 3 months later...

One of my first road games was K-State in 1998 (the Travis Ochs raping Eric Crouch by the facemask game). I was in the marching band, and before going onto the field before halftime, I saw superstar kicker Martin Gramatica sitting by himself far down the sideline. He looked lonely, like no one else on the team cared about him. I also observed how small he was, and his helmet seemed oversized, bobble-head like, on his frail body. Also thinking that this game may come down to a field goal, I briefly entertained the fantasy that I could probably easily kill him with my bare hands right then and there, and no one would probably notice. But that would be a poor representation of the NU band, so I didn't do it.