Spielman Nearing Receiving Record

Mavric

• 1 month later...

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Yes he has but I just meant he fits so perfectly into what we do. He is the focal point of our offense right now outside of the QB position.

I'm not disagreeing but I feel that what he did last year, considering his youth and all that was (not?) going on around him, has to count for at least as much.

6 minutes ago, beorach said:

I'm not disagreeing but I feel that what he did last year, considering his youth and all that was (not?) going on around him, has to count for at least as much.

You're not wrong. I know we've said this alot for the past decade or so, but I really think JD is the most talented pass catcher we have had here in a long while. Guys like Swift, Bell, Westy and even Stan were/have been great but they lack the explosion JD brings along with the reliability.

• Plus1 1

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Spielman is nearing a variety of Nebraska records. He is 40 receiving yards from becoming the first Husker to reach 800 yards in three seasons. With 2,408 career receiving yards, he needs 72 to jump three players and into third place on the school’s career list. Only Stanley Morgan (2,747) and Kenny Bell (2,689) would still be ahead of the 5-foot-9 Minnesota native.

OWH

• Plus1 2