*** Official Michigan Game Thread ***

Mavric

Seriously, the derp is getting deep in here. 

Frost didn't suddenly forget to coach. It's been chronicled multiple times over that we have former Riley recruits who are not buying in to the system and are a cancer. We've seen improvement on both sides of the ball (hell, we've already seen adjustments by the defense in this game--something we didn't typically see in seasons past with Riley, and never this soon).

Yes, Special Teams is abysmal, and I expect this will be addressed. But when you have kids that have been able to skate by for three years, it sure as f*** isn't going to be fixed overnight or in a few months. It takes time, and it's going to happen, but it's not going to happen overnight, and it's not going to happen while you have kids not buying in. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

We have some very low-IQ players and Frost needs to start recruiting players with higher football IQs.  I get that we have some new schemes in play but the basics of Football 101 are not being achieved by so many players on this team now.  

I also think players with personalities similar to MR were more likely to want to play for him. I think he brought in a lot of soft players.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Good coaches would identify and remove those cancers. But good coaches would also have this team ready to play.

We're not a SEC program--we're not going to kick kids to the curb.

I'm sorry if you feel that being a dishonorable program is preferable, but I'd prefer we maintain some integrity while we get s*** fixed. 

• Plus1 2

More than anyone, I’m disappointed with the development of Tyjon Lindsey. He’s been completely useless through a year and three games so far. I can’t think of ONE good play he’s ever had (not in a spring game).

doesnt run routes (all his throws are at the line of scrimmage), small and slow, bad instincts, dumb decisions, and seemingly no upside.

I’m sure Jaevon is better than him. Reimers too. Put em in, and move Spielman to the slot.

Edited by C-4
  • Plus1 2
1 minute ago, VectorVictor said:

Seriously, the derp is getting deep in here. 

Frost didn't suddenly forget to coach. It's been chronicled multiple times over that we have former Riley recruits who are not buying in to the system and are a cancer. We've seen improvement on both sides of the ball (hell, we've already seen adjustments by the defense in this game--something we didn't typically see in seasons past with Riley, and never this soon).

Yes, Special Teams is abysmal, and I expect this will be addressed. But when you have kids that have been able to skate by for three years, it sure as f*** isn't going to be fixed overnight or in a few months. It takes time, and it's going to happen, but it's not going to happen overnight, and it's not going to happen while you have kids not buying in. 

That’s some serious spinning Vector. So who are these mysterious cancers? Why are they allowed to infect the team?

This is a horrible team right now, that isn’t prepared to play football, and doesn’t look like they’ve ever played football or perhaps even seen a football. Some of that is on the coaches. Frost makes $5 million a year and so fsr, he’s not earning his paycheck.

• Plus1 2