*** Official Michigan Game Thread ***

Mavric

Just now, VectorVictor said:

Yes, it's called honoring a scholarship. Then again, I prefer our coaches and program not sacrificing morality for victory. 

If someone is intentionally undermining Frost by being a cancer, the honorable thing to do is to get rid of him. 

Your definition of “honor” is pretty warped.

11 minutes ago, lo country said:

Honest question.  Will FRost's scheme work in the B1G?

Let me get this out of the way first: Scott Frost IS the right man for the job at Nebraska.

However, his current scheme in my opinion will not work in the Big 10. Parts of it will, but he is going to have to tweak it this offseason. It is too reliant on the pass right now.

Nebraska will never be NEBRASKA again until our offensive scheme has some element of power running.

We need to give our running backs a lead blocker and rely more on heavy sets. You can still do that with the spread.

I still believe the offense needs an I-Tight package for short yardage. I've always believed if you can't get 1 yard when you really need it, then you're not a physical football team.

It's going to take time. People really don't reliaze how poorly Mike Riley and his staff left this place when it comes to (Recruiting, How We Trained, & How We Practiced.)

Frost will get it right, be he WILL have to make changes.

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That’s some serious spinning Vector. So who are these mysterious cancers? Why are they allowed to infect the team?

This is a horrible team right now, that isn’t prepared to play football, and doesn’t look like they’ve ever played football or perhaps even seen a football. Some of that is on the coaches. Frost makes $5 million a year and so fsr, he’s not earning his paycheck.

I am glad Ric Flair is not in charge. We would be firing Frost at halftime. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, The Duke said:

Let me get this out of the way first: Scott Frost IS the right man for the job at Nebraska.

However, his current scheme in my opinion will not work in the Big 10. Parts of it will, but he is going to have to tweak it this offseason. It is too reliant on the pass right now.

Nebraska will never be NEBRASKA again until our offensive scheme has some element of power running.

We need to give our running backs a lead blocker and rely more on heavy sets. You can still do that with the spread.

I still believe the offense needs an I-Tight package for short yardage. I've always believed if you can't get 1 yard when you really need it, then you're not a physical football team.

It's going to take time. People really don't reliaze how poorly Mike Riley and his staff left this place when it comes to (Recruiting, How We Trained, & How We Practiced.)

Frost will get it right, be he WILL have to make changes.

Great post.

7 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Seriously, the derp is getting deep in here. 

Frost didn't suddenly forget to coach. It's been chronicled multiple times over that we have former Riley recruits who are not buying in to the system and are a cancer. We've seen improvement on both sides of the ball (hell, we've already seen adjustments by the defense in this game--something we didn't typically see in seasons past with Riley, and never this soon).

Yes, Special Teams is abysmal, and I expect this will be addressed. But when you have kids that have been able to skate by for three years, it sure as f*** isn't going to be fixed overnight or in a few months. It takes time, and it's going to happen, but it's not going to happen overnight, and it's not going to happen while you have kids not buying in. 

This.  This team has issues in the mental aspect of the game.  They have been expected to and accepting of losing since funny Uncle Mike was hired.  There is info about no accountability for the 3 years he was here passing out his Werther's caramels and hip hip hoorays.  He allowed slacking off and game 2 sh!ts about losing.......Frost didnt forget how to coach.  He knows what he is doing.  He is to professional to say, WTF do you expect me to do with this hot mess Ive inherited?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, ClemHusker said:

At the same time, when I see players who apparently have never learned to use their feet - well... 

Need to remember most of these players haven't learned, or have learned incorrectly, for one to three years. Kinda hard to fix that in a spring and fall, and it's why we're trying for six wins, no matter how we get them. 

The bowl practices are going to be invaluable if we can get them. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

So do coaches jut call plays? Isn’t their job also to make sure players execute?

You can lead a horse to water,  you can't make him drink. 

For goodness sake people things take time, especially considering how bad this team was last year.  Throw in a scheme change and you really expected 10-2 first year?

I'm gonna go ahead and log off the board for the day... Haha. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
36 minutes ago, Redreign22 said:

When they get this all together, and the wins start coming, this season will make them so much sweeter.

I decided at the beginning of this year I would not expect anything in year one. I am glad I mentally prepared.

Ditto. Our boys are getting an education today. It’s going to be a rough year folks and Scott even said so. But, they WILL get better. I can wait. GBR!

• Plus1 1