*** Official Michigan Game Thread ***

Mavric

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

All this talk about our strength program was pure BS and its showing today.  

I don't think its pure BS but shows how weak they were coming in. Michigan has been lifting properly for 4 years. Less than 1 for us. And they've recruited significantly better. And they are more experienced. We still have a weak mentality. I could go on and on. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Michigan is just beating us the way Nebraska used to play, minus the option.

Newsflash: The fullback still works.

Scott Frost needs to majorily tweak his offense this offseason.

Go Study:

1. Wisconsin
  2. Michigan
  3. Stanford
  4. Ohio State

Power football

Power Football

Power Football

Power Football

PSU-Power Football

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Coaching changes happen. Kids on scholarship agree to try their best and put forth full effort to help the team.

There is no place for kids you describe as “cancers,” or who seek to undermine what Frost is doing. 

To say that removing those cancers damages our integrity somehow indicates to me you don’t understand what the word means. Letting kids damaging the program just continue to do so while taking spots from kids that will care, try hard, and help is just dumb.

The only thing that's dumb is the willful ignorance re: how scholarships work, and how what you're proposing is not how college athletics works. What you propose is what the SEC does, and it's despicable and not benefical to the collegiate game. But hey, you continue being part of the problem and proposing Nebraska be part of the problem and scuttle integrity for wins. 

If you want to watch teams cut people at the drop of the hat, then go follow pro teams, and quit watching Nebraska.

5 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Bull. You can't coach the unwilling. There are still kids on defense fighting and are getting stops, and Martinez seems to be the only kid on offense that gives a f***. You can't scheme when your kids aren't willing to play. 

Now, if you want to discuss benching starters in favor of younger kids/second/third stringers based on effort, then let's talk. But let's not say coaches can't coach when it's pretty damn evident many kids left their f***s at home. 

I'll meet you in the middle. Yes, there are a few defenders still flying around and hitting with full speed.

I also agree with you on benching some starters in the second half. I guess what I meant by getting outcoached was in reference to the fact that when you're down that much, it's almost futile to ask your offensive line to continue to pass block when they've shown they are unable to do so today.

I agree with you that it is evident that the "want to" is not there with many of the players.

• Plus1 1
Just now, VectorVictor said:

The only thing that's dumb is the willful ignorance re: how scholarships work, and how what you're proposing is not how college athletics works. What you propose is what the SEC does, and it's despicable and not benefical to the collegiate game. But hey, you continue being part of the problem and proposing Nebraska be part of the problem and scuttle integrity for wins. 

If you want to watch teams cut people at the drop of the hat, then go follow pro teams, and quit watching Nebraska.

Is it possible to continue with an academic scholarship, but remove them from football?

2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Michigan is just beating us the way Nebraska used to play, minus the option.

Newsflash: The fullback still works.

Scott Frost needs to majorily tweak his offense this offseason.

Go Study:

1. Wisconsin
  2. Michigan
  3. Stanford
  4. Ohio State

If your lines on both sides of the ball are getting destroyed, tweaking won’t help. It’s way too premature for that. Frost needs to recruit the right players for this system that his players right now aren’t learning very well do to this very new system. Frost just doesn’t have the bodies right now. 

• Plus1 1

Well well well Purdoodoo looks pretty decent we may have a problem next week. I need more beers.

Just now, knapplc said:

Signs of improvement:

Michigan's first quarter - 20 points

Michigan's 2nd quarter - 19 points

Larry the Cable Guy?

I dont care who you are that is funny.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

If kids don’t want to be here and refuse to play, try hard, or care, then kick them off the team. Let them finish school for free on some other scholarship if it will make you feel better. But keep them the heck away from the football program.

Integrity is a two-way street. Kids who have quit, won’t try, and are team cancers aren’t honoring their scholarships.

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

I'll meet you in the middle. Yes, there are a few defenders still flying around and hitting with full speed.

I also agree with you on benching some starters in the second half. I guess what I meant by getting outcoached was in reference to the fact that when you're down that much, it's almost futile to ask your offensive line to continue to pass block when they've shown they are unable to do so today.

I agree with you that it is evident that the "want to" is not there with many of the players.

That's fair, and let's meet in the middle and shake hands. I'll even buy the first beer. :)

And honestly, I get why he's forcing the issue re: pass blocking. He's looking to see if anyone decides to get their f***s out of their pocket and start giving them. So far, the answer is no, they're all out of f***s. So put in the second and/or third string, and give them some experience.