Were we better last year?

khaake

1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

Yes of course we were better last year. But you have a new staff coming in making culture changes.

The start of this season has sucked big time, but I think how miserable I would be if Riley was the coach of this team this season and we had this type of start. 

True, there was a coaching change, and I think that in the long run we will likely be better off because of it, but I am honestly surprised in how poorly we are playing. Is it a case where we overachieved last year and are underachieving now, or did we lose key personnel and haven't developed the new guys yet, or is it something else? It seems like the program is under a pretty dark cloud right now.

No - we’re not worse. How do you guys forget Minnesota and Iowa just running roughshed all over us?

Michigan from a talent level is just heads and shoulders above either of those teams and obviously us. 

One season in the weight room isn’t going to fix everything. 

I will admit; I’m surprised how bad we look on offense with Martinez. Where are the vertical routes? Either way: going to be a long year. We may only win 1-2 games. Crazy to think about that. 

17 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Yes of course we were better last year. But you have a new staff coming in making culture changes. 

Just so I understand - we're gonna use the same defense that we used for Mike Riley's first year, and we're comfortable with it being a good justification? 

15 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Frost pretty much took over an 0-12 team for the second time. 

No he didn't.

15 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

He literally said it may get worse before it gets better before the season.

No, he said that last week. Some things he DID say before the season were, "This isn't a rebuilding year", and "this isn't year zero". He did say some other things to temper expectations, but he very clearly made a bad assessment in where we were. 

• Plus1 2

Riley won 4 games.  I think we will be lucky to four games this year.

Our offense line is nothing- too slow and not skilled.  They are incompetent.  

The defense lacks aces discipline taking themselves out of the position too many times.  They often give too many yards after contact.  

If Michigan is a Big 10 Power, then the Huskers are a high school team.  

I think Frost has a 2-3 year build job ahead of him.   How do you recruit quality position players when your program has been sucking gas for three years?