Were we better last year?

khaake

We got blown out three times last year. The last staff was a joke,  (I) a few on this board said so when they were hired and many on this board piled on us. Oh, give him a chance - blah blah blah. Let see, we would not be paying off preivous coaches, if Pearlman quit trying to refix mistake after mistake on coaching hires and ADs. Right now, it is the backlash of those years. 

4 hours ago, khaake said:

Honest question. Were we better last year under Riley? Why or why not.

Yes but only because the team had played together for the past 3 years. Big difference between the young, new players along with a poor shelf full of players left over from last year (there are a few exceptions) along with a brand new coaching staff/scheme. So not really a fair comparison. 

5 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Can't there be faith that there is a plan working?  Isn't it easier to just believe he will fix it?  This isn't aimed at you necessarily St. Paul, I'm just not interested in anti-coach speak anymore.  No matter what he isn't going anywhere for a very, very long time.

Thxs i ignored that guy!!!!

The vast majority of guys starting are 0-7 there last 7 games....Also been outscored 309-160.....They also continue to get a penalty per ST attempt, fumble, throw INT's, get bone headed penalties and have to be close to some record giving up punt return TD's in 2 consecutive games.....Unsure if we are worse.  We are just still bad.  It's gonna take a while.....

One bright spot.  We do seem to be healthier throughout the season and camp than in past years....

• Plus1 1

from what I've read 75 % of these posts and opinions are from drunken, and/or over-reactive fools- come on, this schedule is terrible and everyone knew that going in- also what did you want SF and gang to say? hey this year we're going to just lose because I've got a bunch of clowns from the last coach (although he did and kind of said that) - and as far as what he inherited from Reilly yeah pretty close to the 0-12 team Frost had at UCF- here is the deal - despite the crap start. I say we end up with a better record than last year 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Can't there be faith that there is a plan working?  Isn't it easier to just believe he will fix it?  This isn't aimed at you necessarily St. Paul, I'm just not interested in anti-coach speak anymore.  No matter what he isn't going anywhere for a very, very long time.

28 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

I think there can be faith.  I have faith he had a plan.  I Don’t believe that plan is working right now.

There is no way to convince me that having players call each other out 3 games into the season about buy in is part of the plan.  I will not believe other teams being able to call us quitters after a series was part of his plan.  And I sure don’t believe everything “behind the scenes” is working either.

I think he’s going to have to find a new plan.  And do it quickly.  We have Purdue next week.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I think there can be faith.  I have faith he had a plan.  I Don’t believe that plan is working right now.

There is no way to convince me that having players call each other out 3 games into the season about buy in is part of the plan.  I will not believe other teams being able to call us quitters after a series was part of his plan.  And I sure don’t believe everything “behind the scenes” is working either.

I think he’s going to have to find a new plan.  And do it quickly.  We have Purdue next week.

You are very focused on results/reaction - SF is very focused on the process.   SF would be more like TO / Parents of little league sports would be more like you.