Monday after Purdue is going to be interesting

knapplc

26 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Oh no. He is definitely talking about players currently on the roster.

I took it to mean guys currently wasting this staff and their teammates time by not giving 2 rips about the N on their helmet.  But that’s just me.  Teammate should mean something. Crap like that ticks me off. End rant. 

• Plus1 1

I might be mistaken, but later on in the interview I thought he stated that he thinks everyone is buying in, but alot is the guys arent giving 100% commitment to be the best player they can be.  Maybe the players are buying in, but not doing the little things like practicing at a high level. They need to continue to push harder in every aspect.  These guys need to realize that just  because he took a team and they went  13 - 0 doesn't mean that they can give it 85 or 90% they need to earn it every single day they throw on their Jersey! Thursdays practice was referred to as not being a great day of practice

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

I might be mistaken, but later on in the interview I thought he stated that he thinks everyone is buying in, but alot is the guys arent giving 100% commitment to be the best player they can be.  Maybe the players are buying in, but not doing the little things like practicing at a high level. They need to continue to push harder in every aspect.  These guys need to realize that just  because he took a team and they went  13 - 0 doesn't mean that they can give it 85 or 90% they need to earn it every single day they throw on their Jersey! Thursdays practice was referred to as not being a great day of practice

Then they're not buying in.  They're just hoping to get by

How about this quote from safety Josh Metellus

“After the first series, when we went back out there, we just knew they wanted to give up,” he said. “You could just see it in their eyes. It's not anything I can really put into words (but) you could tell by the way a receiver is running his route, or the way you get blocked or the type of passion they're playing with. We just sensed they didn't have it, so we used it to our advantage.”

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, HuskerfaninOkieland said:

Then they're not buying in.  They're just hoping to get by

Just stating what I thought Frost said.  He doesn't think anyone will be jumping ship.  Whatever the issues are, they better get it fixed.  I heard one of Michigans players say that some players didn't look like they wanted to play after the first series so, maybe they aren't buying in.

Just now, irafreak said:

How about this quote from safety Josh Metellus

“After the first series, when we went back out there, we just knew they wanted to give up,” he said. “You could just see it in their eyes. It's not anything I can really put into words (but) you could tell by the way a receiver is running his route, or the way you get blocked or the type of passion they're playing with. We just sensed they didn't have it, so we used it to our advantage.”

And this is the psychological part that the players and coaches have to deal with. This has been a problem for several years now, this team has been mentally soft and they quit too easy. You can't fix that in one off-season and three games into a season. They have to learn to believe in themselves and basically have to think they're only going to quit when they're carried off of the field. 

Just now, TherealTomOsborne said:

Just stating what I thought Frost said.  He doesn't think anyone will be jumping ship.  Whatever the issues are, they better get it fixed.  I heard one of Michigans players say that some players didn't look like they wanted to play after the first series so, maybe they aren't buying in.

Like half of the o-line?  Rewatching the game and my lord they just wiff on blocks sometimes.

• Plus1 2

I guess what I don't get about this no buy in angle is why, if Frost and the coaches know who these guys are, are these not bought in players seeing the field? Yes Frost says the best they got are being played and obviously we don't have the luxury of replacing them with good players but wouldn't it be better to play the worst guy on the team than to give credence to an attitude problem player. 

It's obvious the team quit today very early in the process. More than one Michigan player has stated as much and we all saw what happened with our own eyes. Are Frost & Co. not seeing what is really going on? Is he just giving us coach speak in these pressers? I know it's a much bigger problem than any one of us anticipated but I'm starting to wonder if it isn't a much larger problem than Frost thought or is prepared to deal with. I mean I know he'll deal with it but does it really have to take 4 years and for all the non  Frost recruits to leave before improvement takes place on the field? I really thought Scott was going to be a no BS guy and proactively weed out these problems and not simply wait for them to graduate or leave on their own timeline. Maybe that was my mistake, thinking a culture change like is required here could be accelerated in anyway. Maybe it was a mistake to think the two year turnaround at UCF was anything at all like would work on our dumpster fire. After all UCF, even though they were winless that one season, hadn't been the sh!tshow this program has for near as long.Ive severely adjusted my timeline expectation on this deal. I thought we'd see some good stuff this season and start really reaping some of the benefits next season. My fault. If we play even remotely like we did today at all the remainder of this season, I don't see a single win on our schedule and that includes Bethune-Cookman. We are a very bad team right now that desperately needs a win and something good to happen so that some of these guys can start believing. Problem is, we're so bad I don't know how they get to that point.

• Plus1 1