Monday after Purdue is going to be interesting

knapplc

On 9/30/2018 at 7:56 AM, StPaulHusker said:

Unless someone can give definitive details of lack of effort, I don’t see Jackson in this category.

What I see from Jackson is someone in over his head at the collegiate level playing DB.  Damon Benning has been beating the drum since Jackson was a freshman that he should have been a WR.  This could be a similar case as Baker Steinkuhler playing DT instead of OT.

I was at the game and paid attention to Jackson while he was warming up before the game. Lots of half assed effort and dancing around from him is what I noticed. Yes a few players were dancing around, but his warm up was a joke. 

The original point of this thread was that I thought some guys who weren't on board and who were going to find themselves shuffled down the depth chart might take advantage of the new transfer rule. And there have been guys who have been shuffled down just as we suspected would happen.

But........................................ here we are, Tuesday, and no announcements. 

Are those guys sticking around because they want to? Because they don't have any suitors anywhere else?  The lack of attrition is as interesting as actual attrition.   

15 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The original point of this thread was that I thought some guys who weren't on board and who were going to find themselves shuffled down the depth chart might take advantage of the new transfer rule. And there have been guys who have been shuffled down just as we suspected would happen.

But........................................ here we are, Tuesday, and no announcements. 

Are those guys sticking around because they want to? Because they don't have any suitors anywhere else?  The lack of attrition is as interesting as actual attrition.   

Maybe you were just wrong 

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I was thinking about this last night.

I would think it would be difficult to find a major program to go to when you are leaving a program that is being coached by a well respected staff and it's clear by anyone who watches the games that you're losing games because of stupid decisions by the players....not bad coaching....and you are one that is making bad decisions or not working hard enough to fix the problems.

I was interested too, not just here but how every team would experience 4 game attrition. Seems relatively quiet so far outside of a few examples; I might be missing some though.

I think in-season transferring might be hard to pull off. Coaches are focused on the task at hand and aren’t even certain what talent will be returning for the next year. I think guys will still transfer mostly at the end of the season now, but I definitely expected more news with the new redshirt rule.