Rough 2018 start...Impact on Recruiting

I gotta think it does. Jameson Williams has ohio state in the lead with a commitment coming this friday. Gotta think its to ohio state- he loves how their offense looks. We are not showing an accurate depiction of what our offense will look like in the future so of course we are at a disadvantage. 

Wandale is visiting ohio state this weekend and wiltfong put in a CB. So might lose him to the damn urban liars.

Mayo cancelled his visit this weekend to take the ACT. 

What visitors do we have this weekend?

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I gotta think it does. Jameson Williams has ohio state in the lead with a commitment coming this friday. Gotta think its to ohio state- he loves how their offense looks. We are not showing an accurate depiction of what our offense will look like in the future so of course we are at a disadvantage. 

Wandale is visiting ohio state this weekend and wiltfong put in a CB. So might lose him to the damn urban liars.

Purdue - they are talented

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
On 9/26/2018 at 11:46 AM, Huskers93-97 said:

Even before the season started with all of the hype surrounding Frost, very few, if any at all, experts were predicting Robinson or Williams to commit to Nebraska anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2018 at 8:00 PM, HuskerNation1 said:

With this season going from bad to worse and setting records in a way nobody would like, I am curious how recruits are looking at Nebraska and this new staff. The positive buzz from their magical 2017 season at UCF has worn off after Nebraskas worse start to a season. 

0-6 and about to be 0-7 isn't a good look no matter what. Recruits don't care for moral victories. The ones who are solid will stay, but look for a few to get poached here soon. Bland and Newsome come to mind. 

• Plus1 1

40 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

0-6 and about to be 0-7 isn't a good look no matter what. Recruits don't care for moral victories. The ones who are solid will stay, but look for a few to get poached here soon. Bland and Newsome come to mind. 

Agree. We need to start winning and look good doing it to start some momentum that things are starting to take hold.

1 minute ago, Caliborn72 said:

I also wonder how much not having a bye week will affect recruiting. That seems like a serious disadvantage right now. The staff worked wonders after the season ended last year picking up guys who didn’t sign early so hopefully they have that chance again.

It could be a toss up

On one hand, coaches normally use the bye week to go out and recruit.  So they won't be able to do that now.

On the other hand, they can use the game for OV's.  Which might lead to something.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I sense a lot of mid to low 3 star players are going to finish out this class.   And that isn't really going to help us anytime soon.

Agreed. This disaster of a season is gonna keep on giving here soon. 

• Plus1 2