Player sideline demeanor was disappointing

huskerfan74

Yes, smiling on the sideline is our worst problem. Our players need to look miserable so the fans know they are truly concerned. Also, to show respect for Nebraska, all fans should stop eating, drinking or having any kind of good time any time the Huskers have a bad loss. What kind of true fan would carry on having a good time after a catastrophe like this?!

• Plus1 2

10 minutes ago, irafreak said:

Sigh...is it possible that some people deal with disappoinment with humor? Hell maybe they were talking about how much this sucked and then something was said in the stands that made them chuckle. Those two players didn't look like they gave up on the field. 

Its pretty ridiculous.

• Plus1 1

Just think about it man

Two players kind of barely smiling for 5 seconds turns into an assessment where the 'player sideline demeanor was disappointing'

29 minutes ago, irafreak said:

Sigh...is it possible that some people deal with disappoinment with humor? Hell maybe they were talking about how much this sucked and then something was said in the stands that made them chuckle. Those two players didn't look like they gave up on the field. 

Yeah but how does the NCAA make it legal for players to be happy when us fans are miserable? That's not fair!

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, irafreak said:

Those two players didn't look like they gave up on the field. 

Even a better reason why they should be concerned about losing 56-10. If they played hard yet their team still got clobbered then that should be a very concerning matter and not a time to look like you just pulled an upset. Let us be honest here. We can come up with a million scenarios that can justify that behavior. From the responses above, I can see that. However, the team's overall body language and behavior today is not indicative of a team that believes they can compete for a conference title. Heck, their body language is not even one of them believing they can go to the toilet bowel. I do not blame the coaches as they have way too many things to fix starting with a losing culture, to undisciplined behavior, to horrible conditioning, to other bad habits instilled by former coach. Nevertheless, the first thing that needs to be fixed is the mentality of this team. They need to play with fire in their bellies and a thirst to win. Only one team played like that today and it sure was not our team.

5 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Even a better reason why they should be concerned about losing 56-10. If they played hard yet their team still got clobbered then that should be a very concerning matter and not a time to look like you just pulled an upset. Let us be honest here. We can come up with a million scenarios that can justify that behavior. From the responses above, I can see that. However, the team's overall body language and behavior today is not indicative of a team that believes they can compete for a conference title. Heck, their body language is not even one of them believing they can go to the toilet bowel. I do not blame the coaches as they have way too many things to fix starting with a losing culture, to undisciplined behavior, to horrible conditioning, to other bad habits instilled by former coach. Nevertheless, the first thing that needs to be fixed is the mentality of this team. They need to play with fire in their bellies and a thirst to win. Only one team played like that today and it sure was not our team.

You don't think they were concerned? Holy crap two guys smiled in the second half. You literally have ZERO idea what was said or what was being discussed. Did you watch the Martinez post game video? People are allowed to smile and react differently to any situation. Our loss was comical yesterday, we ARE that bad. 

• Plus1 2

13 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

...these three losses have really opened my eyes to just how awful we are.  

My eyes have been opened to that, too.  I admit to getting on the Frost hype right away, and believing he'd turn it around big time.  The improvement of the defense in that Colorado game was a bit of vindication, but the collapse from then on.. well, it looked like any old Riley team.  No change. 

1 hour ago, Jeepy said:

My eyes have been opened to that, too.  I admit to getting on the Frost hype right away, and believing he'd turn it around big time.  The improvement of the defense in that Colorado game was a bit of vindication, but the collapse from then on.. well, it looked like any old Riley team.  No change. 

I slightly disagree.  There has been some noticable changes, they just haven't taken effect across the entire roster yet.