there's no reason to lose to purdue...

BoSolich

The Huskers just lost by 6 plus touchdowns, and people are saying "no reason" to lose. If we lose to Purdue, maybe, just maybe, Purdue is the better team. People need to realize the past few seasons Nebraska is Purdue/Illinois/Indiana. Nebraska is a team opposing fans circle as a win before the season starts. 

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Any team we consistently out-recruit is a team we should beat.

So far we're 0-2 in that category.  Based on what we've seen of fan reactions to those 2 games, there will be no lack of excuses.

We are like 1-7 against Wisconsin since joining the Big Ten. 

I think we all need to kind of just cheer for the team and staff this year and pray that it gets better by years end. I was drinking the kool aid etc with several of you during the Summer but we simply are a bad football team. We are not talented and have had little to no development in our players for 3 years. It is amazing how blinded I was by thinking Frost would come in and magically improve the results year one. We are a BAD team that is going to take some time to get it right unfortunately. 

• Plus1 4
6 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I think we all need to kind of just cheer for the team and staff this year and pray that it gets better by years end. I was drinking the kool aid etc with several of you during the Summer but we simply are a bad football team. We are not talented and have had little to no development in our players for 3 years. It is amazing how blinded I was by thinking Frost would come in and magically improve the results year one. We are a BAD team that is going to take some time to get it right unfortunately. 

I agree. I think eichorst and Riley damaged the program worse than Peterson and Callahan 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I agree. I think eichorst and Riley damaged the program worse than Peterson and Callahan 

It is actually amazing....it only took 3 years for Riley to take us from a consistent 9 win team to absolute trash with a complete lack of any type of winning culture. People can say Riley took over a toxic situation....no he didnt. Those players still fought and wanted to win some damn games. Frost is taking over a team that gets soft served ice cream after a loss. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It is actually amazing....it only took 3 years for Riley to take us from a consistent 9 win team to absolute trash with a complete lack of any type of winning culture. People can say Riley took over a toxic situation....no he didnt. Those players still fought and wanted to win some damn games. Frost is taking over a team that gets soft served ice cream after a loss. 

In my opinion Bo recruited tougher players. They may not have had the stars and it was like the Island of Misfit Toys with the rehab guys they took in that other teams dumped, but they were physical and played with heart. These guys play with heart but many of them should be in a different league because they're getting physically dominated in this one. However, we should still match up or exceed most of the BIG teams that are in the same boat and have to count on luck and trickery to win.

5 hours ago, Hayseed said:

In my opinion Bo recruited tougher players. They may not have had the stars and it was like the Island of Misfit Toys with the rehab guys they took in that other teams dumped, but they were physical and played with heart. These guys play with heart but many of them should be in a different league because they're getting physically dominated in this one. However, we should still match up or exceed most of the BIG teams that are in the same boat and have to count on luck and trickery to win.

Yesterday looked a lot like some of Bo’s games against Wisconsin. Not really gonna split hairs about which stomping I felt better about. 

18 hours ago, BoSolich said:

i would argue colorado is better than purdue, and we were 1 boneheaded play away from beating them.

I would argue Colorado is better than Troy, and Troy beat us worse than Colorado did. So those kinds of evaluations are pretty meaningless.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

You'd think after the summer of gushing hype we've had, followed by the three losses we've had, that people would stop believing they can predict this season.

I've been thinking this about as long as I've been an adult aged fan. And I've learned that people will never stop believing that. Sport fandom is pretty much everything BUT rational, and nobody ever learns their lesson. 

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

There are PLENTY of reasons to lose to Purdue...

1. Nebraska is not nearly as good as indicated

2. Purdue is better coached than we are

3. Our players in year one don't yet know the system

I love NU and want them to win, but reality is....we're not that good.

But we should be able to compete with them. That's enough to have a shot. It all depends how the players respond.