Purdue Week Pressers

9 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

This is why he will be successful here, imo. He's a fan too, and he wants Nebraska to be dominant again just as much (if not more) than the rest of us.

+1, on his sincere desire to get us there, and there is no question, to the (if not more) than the rest, the majority of us. 

31 minutes ago, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

Some of the quotes from Frost today really don't sit too well and are scary. 

"we aren't that far off" 

"the film wasn't as bad as it looked."

Dude you got absolutely bullied. That team would have ran the ball and sacked the qb blindfolded. 

And for the love, please stop selecting Lamar Jackson for interviews. 

Just out of curiosity, have you re-watched any of it? I have (because I'm a masochist), and it was definitely bad but  looked more like players messing up technique and assignments rather than being physically dominated. It always feels worse as it's happening, and it was definitely really bad, but I don't think they looked 46 points better overall. 21 or 28 sure, I'm not saying we could have won or anything.

There's also just the fact that he has to do these interviews. He can't prove that we were close until we start winning, but he has to answer questions about it all week. It's always going to seem like it's not true because every coach is going to say they're close. Some are right, some are wrong. The reporters would go nuts if he said "it won't click until year 2," even though Frost has tried to allude to that. I think he deserves a little more time before we consider his "we're really close" to be the same as Riley saying it in year 3.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1