Is Coach Frost regretting his decision to come home at this point?

PlzCoolerMe

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

If it were to coach the Huskers I bet you would be pretty stoked

IDK seems like a stressful job taking over a failing business :lol: 

But in my own context, I've had opportunities to go back and do my craft related to the Huskers. Wasn't worth it. At least not yet. But I'm also pretty disinterested in settling down in any area of life so that's just me.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lo country said:

I'm guessing Frost was a great hire and Heupel is 3-0?

i'm guessing there are some players on the field that have a say in what a teams record is.  I would also say that SF has had a bigger influence on UCF players then JH has.

Now if we want to discuss coaches over the past 15 yrs then UCF is in the discussion - but then we could bring up the past 50 years and there wouldn't really be a discussion (either way not guessing this was the angle that the poster was stabbing at)

3 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

i'm guessing there are some players on the field that have a say in what a teams record is.  I would also say that SF has had a bigger influence on UCF players then JH has.

Now if we want to discuss coaches over the past 15 yrs then UCF is in the discussion - but then we could bring up the past 50 years and there wouldn't really be a discussion (either way not guessing this was the angle that the poster was stabbing at)

Mine response was to the question did UCF hire better than NU.  It was a guess as to why a poster would ask that.  Nothing more or less.

I have not spoken to a single person that doesnt think Scott is the right man for the job. Even during our rough start this season. EVERYONE says he is the one. I am going to give Scott a very long leash to get the ship righted. He WILL fix this puppy and I am willing to give him plenty of time. Part of it is probably because he is Scott Frost but part of it is we need to allow a coach time to establish what needs to be established. I felt differently regarding Riley because he has a track record of sucking. 

• Plus1 2

15 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I have not spoken to a single person that doesnt think Scott is the right man for the job. Even during our rough start this season. EVERYONE says he is the one. I am going to give Scott a very long leash to get the ship righted. He WILL fix this puppy and I am willing to give him plenty of time. Part of it is probably because he is Scott Frost but part of it is we need to allow a coach time to establish what needs to be established. I felt differently regarding Riley because he has a track record of sucking. 

There are those who wish he'd have stayed in Florida.  They talk about his heading to Stanford and other displays of lack of Nebraska loyalty.  Read around in other forums.  I got tired of fighting with them.

As to his coaching abilities, I want to be honest:  I really have no idea if he can do here what he did at UCF.  Some golden boy types went down the tubes trying to right the ship at their old alma mater.  Some did okay.  I just don't know about him here.  I don't exercise "faith" with regard to these things;  I find that naive.  What I do allow myself to think and hope for is plenty of time for him;  say 4 full seasons with the 5th being the breakthrough one.  I think by then we'll see what he's made of as to righting this Husker ship.

14 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

100% agree. Plus Riley inherited a team that had just won 9 games for 7 straight years. Frost is inheriting a s#!t show from Riley.

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, Jeepy said:

There are those who wish he'd have stayed in Florida.  They talk about his heading to Stanford and other displays of lack of Nebraska loyalty.  Read around in other forums.  I got tired of fighting with them.

As to his coaching abilities, I want to be honest:  I really have no idea if he can do here what he did at UCF.  Some golden boy types went down the tubes trying to right the ship at their old alma mater.  Some did okay.  I just don't know about him here.  I don't exercise "faith" with regard to these things;  I find that naive.  What I do allow myself to think and hope for is plenty of time for him;  say 4 full seasons with the 5th being the breakthrough one.  I think by then we'll see what he's made of as to righting this Husker ship.

So Bo gets a longer leash? What is a breakout year? I do think we need to exercise a little faith in year 1 of a rebuild. Perhaps I trust him more than other coaches because he is "one of ours" I would rather give Scott every opportunity plus 1 to get us headed in the right direction. 

4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

So Bo gets a longer leash? What is a breakout year? I do think we need to exercise a little faith in year 1 of a rebuild. Perhaps I trust him more than other coaches because he is "one of ours" I would rather give Scott every opportunity plus 1 to get us headed in the right direction. 

Yeah the Bo Pelini thing makes it seem unfair to say "four years and the 5th the biggie.." etc.  But you didn't ask how I felt about Bo.  ;)  I wanted him gone before he got here, having read about how many folks felt about him at LSU.  I was perplexed by all the "Bo knows" stuff up here.