Is Coach Frost regretting his decision to come home at this point?

PlzCoolerMe

17 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Describe your impressions of the game. 

What improvements did you see?

Here is exactly what I took from the game.....

It was a butt whoopin' in its highest form.

It's also a direct showing to the team what it's going to take to compete at the highest level in the B1G.

Some players on the roster right now are capable of competing at that level.  Many are not.

It was a direct, visible result of Nebraska "giving Mike Riley a chance" that he unquestionably was not qualified for.

• Plus1 1
39 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

No. Scott knows what he is doing, the direction he’s taking the team and realizes that it will take time. He’s a very intelligent individual who is committed to making this program great again. 

I agree with that.  But I do have to say that I believe it without as much excitement as I did prior to that Colorado loss.. Troy loss.. Michigan epic blowout. 

He and his staff, largely from UCF, may be lost right now.  They don't say they are, but they may be.

• Plus1 1
55 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Here is exactly what I took from the game.....

It was a butt whoopin' in its highest form.

It's also a direct showing to the team what it's going to take to compete at the highest level in the B1G.

Some players on the roster right now are capable of competing at that level.  Many are not.

It was a direct, visible result of Nebraska "giving Mike Riley a chance" that he unquestionably was not qualified for.

But how does the team look different than last year?

Or to my point, how different was that blowout compared to the teammwide mental breakdowns stretching across the Riley, Pelini, and Callahan years, when we also weren't competing at the highest levels? I actually thought this year's team surrendered earlier and more completely against Michigan. 

Did you think Scott Frost would do better with Riley recruits than Riley did?  I thought he would. Maybe that was an unfair expectation.

Nobody is saying Frost can't turn it around, or that it won't take awhile. Or that it might not happen tomorrow. 

Just saying it's a weird season. 

And kinda depressing. Right?

• Plus1 2

This coaching staff is not lost.  

If our program would have stayed the course with Riley for one more season, it would have been lost!  I don't think enough people are giving enough credit to Riley for being such a poor coach and recruiter.  Riley makes Callahan look like a genius.  Don't care about recruiting rankings.  Riley might have on paper had decent class here and there.  They weren't Big 10 ready recruits.  They weren't going to ever be Big 10 recruits.  

FRost is not regretting this at all.  He might be resenting this fan base, but not the job at hand.  We have sucked compared to our standards for 17 years.  Frost is merely trying to restart this all over again.  Still can't believe all the doubters.  This program was near rock bottom last year, and is still near that when you look at the product on the field so far.  Many of the same players.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Nebhawk said:

This coaching staff is not lost.  

If our program would have stayed the course with Riley for one more season, it would have been lost!  I don't think enough people are giving enough credit to Riley for being such a poor coach and recruiter.  Riley makes Callahan look like a genius.  Don't care about recruiting rankings.  Riley might have on paper had decent class here and there.  They weren't Big 10 ready recruits.  They weren't going to ever be Big 10 recruits.  

FRost is not regretting this at all.  He might be resenting this fan base, but not the job at hand.  We have sucked compared to our standards for 17 years.  Frost is merely trying to restart this all over again.  Still can't believe all the doubters.  This program was near rock bottom last year, and is still near that when you look at the product on the field so far.  Many of the same players.

It's laughable reading over and over again people claiming last years results were due to coaching and turning around and blaming this years results on the players who by and large a year older and more experienced.  

Let's just be honest.  Constantly changing systems, terminology, and schemes will set even the most capable of players back.  It's just spin suggesting SF's record will improve given time to recruit to his system and get it fully implemented,  and on the other hand hammer MR who didn't get that time to fully implement his system.  He was forced to accept a new DC and defense in his third season so back to square one even though it was year three.  Up to now we've been more interested in getting our pound of flesh than biding our time and letting things develop.  Hopefully that changes.  

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

But how does the team look different than last year?

Or to my point, how different was that blowout compared to the teammwide mental breakdowns stretching across the Riley, Pelini, and Callahan years, when we also weren't competing at the highest levels? I actually thought this year's team surrendered earlier and more completely against Michigan. 

Did you think Scott Frost would do better with Riley recruits than Riley did?  I thought he would. Maybe that was an unfair expectation.

Nobody is saying Frost can't turn it around, or that it won't take awhile. Or that it might not happen tomorrow. 

Just saying it's a weird season. 

And kinda depressing. Right?

Kinda depressing?.......I don't see it that way.

I see it as Frost needing time in game situations to see what puzzle pieces are in place and which aren't.  It seems many are not.

Is it really surprising, considering Mike Riley's resume' and staff selections, that we don't have the personnel?

Is Michigan THAT much better than us?  Yes.

We are on par with the Colorados and Troys of college football.

You know what I'll consider progress?

If Ohio State punts.  Even just once.

I would say, honestly...he’s probably more focused on Purdue than sitting around his fire with a scotch swirling on ice staring absently into the near distance pondering his “regret”. 

Thats not how it works. He’s 70-80 hrs a week working on the Cornhuskers and TODAY 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Kinda depressing?.......I don't see it that way.

I see it as Frost needing time in game situations to see what puzzle pieces are in place and which aren't.  It seems many are not.

Is it really surprising, considering Mike Riley's resume' and staff selections, that we don't have the personnel?

Is Michigan THAT much better than us?  Yes.

We are on par with the Colorados and Troys of college football.

You know what I'll consider progress?

If Ohio State punts.  Even just once.

You crack me up.

Its just going to take time.  I think by year 3 we see major improvement.  I think by year 4 we should be in contention for a Big 10 crown, or at least west portion.

Going nuts right now is pointless and useless to everyone involved.  While everyone remains somewhat confident in Frost, they are also unsure and hoping that Frost is the right guy.  As a fan base, we need to just relax and it will happen.  

Just for the record, I havent been to a game this season yet, some of my friends have been and say that you can feel the tension, fear of losing as soon as something negative happens on the field.  Don't think for a second that our players sense that as well.  Relax, enjoy the games for what they are right now.  Just remember that in a few years, we will have the last laugh!