QB Transfers

Warrior

2 minutes ago, Warrior said:

So How do we create Depth at that position?

If we recruit someone with Stars the other guy Transfers... This is crazy...  This has been created by the new rules on Red Shirts and Grad Transfers..

Give it a year; Vedral will be eligible and McCaffery will be here next year. That's 3 scholarship QBs, plus at least 1 WO with starting experience. I still think they should get at least one more QB in this year's class, but depth will be much better next year. 

• Plus1 3

If we recruit someone with Stars the other guy Transfers... This is crazy...  This has been created by the new rules on Red Shirts and Grad Transfers..

You play them as true freshmen for up to 4 games.  Then they have to redshirt that year.  Then if they decide to transfer, they will lose a year of eligibility.

It's not great.  But it's pretty much the way it's going to have to be.  And this will go for a lot of positions on the field.  Not just QB.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I don't think this has been created by rule changes. Why isn't this happening to other positions? Maybe the rules now allow it to happen easier. I think we will be one of the better stocked QB rooms around the country in a few seasons. The QBs we target for this offense will be more likely to stick around because they can play other positions or weren't super highly recruited to begin with.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I don't think this has been created by rule changes. Why isn't this happening to other positions? Maybe the rules now allow it to happen easier. I think we will be one of the better stocked QB rooms around the country in a few seasons. The QBs we target for this offense will be more likely to stick around because they can play other positions or weren't super highly recruited to begin with.

Oregon just had a senior RB announce he is transferring

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Jalen Harris, TE-Auburn

Jalen McCleskey, WR-Oklahoma St

Jonathan Nance, WR-Arkansas

Remus Butler, RB-Sam Houston St

Again a few examples doesn't say much. 50% of 4 and 5 star QBs are transferring from their original programs. You won't find those type of numbers for any other position. In fact I'd be surprised if it was over 25%.

20 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Bryant or Hurts doesn't help the situation any quicker than Luke McCaffrey will. 

Keep on doing the best we can with Verduzco working with Bunch. Bring in McCaffrey and leverage the new "play four games but still redshirt" rule with McCaffrey.

Just now, Nebfanatic said:

Again a few examples doesn't say much. 50% of 4 and 5 star QBs are transferring from their original programs. You won't find those type of numbers for any other position. In fact I'd be surprised if it was over 25%.

I don't think that was the point of the OP.  They were bringing up the new rule allowing a player to transfer after 4 games.