QB Transfers

Warrior

12 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I don't think that was the point of the OP.  They were bringing up the new rule allowing a player to transfer after 4 games.

They were insinuating the new rule is creating this incredible amount of QB transfers but the QBs are transferring at a higher rate than any other position and they were doing it before the rule change. Its not the rules that are causing this, the rules now just make it easier for the player. I'd say the new rules may create more transfers at other positions but the QB transfer issue isn't because of the new rules.

Essentially we are in agreeance though as I believe you were trying to show these rules have resulted in an uptick of transfers at other positions.

If you have multiple superstars at other positions, you can have them on a the field at the same time, still get them plenty of touches, etc. QBs don't rotate the same way, and there is only one at a time. A #2 RB or WR can still be a star, but the #2 QB, barring injury, may not see the field except for garbage time, barring injury or some gimmicky package.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Warrior said:

With our lack of Depth at this position do you think a Kelly Bryant or Jalen Hurts might look into a move to the Mid-West?

I looked it up and these are the schools that originally offered Kelly Bryant:

Duke, Florida, Georgia Tech, NC State, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Virginia and Virginia Tech.

I know that things have changed a little bit in the last three years, but I'm not sure if any of those schools might show interest now. I agree that he will more than likely want to go to a school that he will be able to start for right away.

1 hour ago, Warrior said:

With our lack of Depth at this position do you think a Kelly Bryant or Jalen Hurts might look into a move to the Mid-West?

They would be great, but honestly, after this year, our depth is pretty good.

Just now, killer cacti said:

He no doubt would be the best QB at Nebraska.

True, but is it worth bringing him in for 1 year if it means Martinez transfers and we are back in the same mess again? Probably not.

38 minutes ago, Undone said:

Bryant or Hurts doesn't help the situation any quicker than Luke McCaffrey will. 

Keep on doing the best we can with Verduzco working with Bunch. Bring in McCaffrey and leverage the new "play four games but still redshirt" rule with McCaffrey.

Plus Vedral knows the system and I don't think Frost would alter the gameplan much with him in the game. He can run his system I believe.

10 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Plus Vedral knows the system and I don't think Frost would alter the gameplan much with him in the game. He can run his system I believe.

Right on with Vedral.

It's a good/fun topic for a message board discussion but there just aren't any tangible quick answers. Just as is the case with the entire state of the program (as we can see from the first three games), the quarterback situation will take at minimum another 11ish-24 months to get straightened out in all likelihood.

*Edit - The quarterback depth situation, that is.

3 minutes ago, killer cacti said:

He no doubt would be the best QB at Nebraska.

Would Bryant be our starter this year? Without a doubt but he also isn't coming here and to me Martinez has some to do with it. Bryant could beat him out but its not a guarenteed situation like Stidam at Auburn or Burrow at LSU. Those teams had no idea who their guy was until they brought their guy in. We feel confident with Martinez going forward. Bryant could win that battle but he won't pick it if you know what I mean. It just doesn't make sense for him or us.

57 minutes ago, SandhillshuskerW said:

I looked it up and these are the schools that originally offered Kelly Bryant:

Duke, Florida, Georgia Tech, NC State, North Carolina, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Virginia and Virginia Tech.

I know that things have changed a little bit in the last three years, but I'm not sure if any of those schools might show interest now. I agree that he will more than likely want to go to a school that he will be able to start for right away.

I know at one time Some conferences (ACC) had a no transfer within the Conference rule.  I'm not sure if that still applies, but that would cut this list in half. 

7 minutes ago, Warrior said:

I know at one time Some conferences (ACC) had a no transfer within the Conference rule.  I'm not sure if that still applies, but that would cut this list in half. 

If the ACC has this rule, then it would really narrow things down. Obviously there might be some other schools interested in him now that they have seen what he can do in college. I'm sure he won't have a problem finding a school that would take him.