*** 2018 Game 4 "Expert" Picks: Purdue At Nebraska ***

Saunders

8 hours ago, r06ue1 said:

This game is a gut check moment for this team, either they got pissed and are absolutely determined to win this game after being blown out last week or they have given up on the season.  

......Or they play a solid game but far from great and lose to a decent team by 1-7 points (looks like you had an idea but didn't finish it :) )

14 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

......Or they play a solid game but far from great and lose to a decent team by 1-7 points (looks like you had an idea but didn't finish it :) )

If they cleaned up all of the dumb mistakes; turnovers, missed tackles, blown coverages, missed blocks, I'd expect a team with superior talent to win the game (which is Nebraska).  I would love to see progress in all of those areas and if there is progress, I would expect us to win (unless Purdue played a perfect game).

On 9/28/2018 at 8:34 AM, r06ue1 said:

This game is a gut check moment for this team, either they got pissed and are absolutely determined to win this game after being blown out last week or they have given up on the season.  

Once upon a time, i thought there would be no way a Scott Frost coached team would be allowed to give up on a game, much less the whole season.  I might be wrong - it might just be in the DNA of some of these guys.  But, today is absolutely positively that gut check barometer game.  If they get punched in the mouth, i want to see them punch back but harder.  

5 hours ago, r06ue1 said:

If they cleaned up all of the dumb mistakes; turnovers, missed tackles, blown coverages, missed blocks, I'd expect a team with superior talent to win the game (which is Nebraska).  I would love to see progress in all of those areas and if there is progress, I would expect us to win (unless Purdue played a perfect game).

Solid post ^^^ - There are so many new things for these kids and i'm sure minds are spinning.  Spinning minds leads to a lot of the things that you mentioned above.  Sports seem to be a lot easier when you are just duplicating something that you have done a 1,000 times almost like you could do it in your sleep.  We are not there yet (actually on game day we are far from it) - hopefully it shows better in practice and the game stuff is coming.  Time will tell - i just don't see this staff giving in or up (which means we will get there some time in the future).