Save me Coach Frost and Players!

Dan_F_31

I live in the heart of the Boilermaker belly in West Lafayette. I'm writing this post from my office on campus. I work for and root for Purdue, except when they play Nebraska. You can't turn your back on your life long team.  My neighbors are all lifelong Purdue fans. Some work in the athletic dept. My neighbor next door is a current football assistant coach.  My grad student is an Iowa fan. He likes to take notice of things as well...

I have dealt with the ridicule when Nebraska lost to Daryl Hazell for his only conference win.  I sat through the game last year in utter disbelief and endured hazing at the hands of my neighbors and colleagues for 3 quarters. That 4th quarter delivered me from the constant reminders I was going to have to go through for a year. It caused some tension in the neighborhood. But I was on the right side of that one.  

This time I need it again Coach. Players, we can't be losing to Purdue. For my sake. Please, I beg you. 

Purdue has gained some confidence. They have attitude and a bit of fire. They have some direction now that they aren't playing QB carousel. They have an explosive WR. But Nebraska has an opportunity here. Winning cures all. Get that monkey off your back boys (for me..... please).  Thank you for the forum to vent.

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, Dan_F_31 said:

I live in the heart of the Boilermaker belly in West Lafayette. I'm writing this post from my office on campus. I work for and root for Purdue, except when they play Nebraska. You can't turn your back on your life long team.  My neighbors are all lifelong Purdue fans. Some work in the athletic dept. My neighbor next door is a current football assistant coach.  My grad student is an Iowa fan. He likes to take notice of things as well...

I have dealt with the ridicule when Nebraska lost to Daryl Hazell for his only conference win.  I sat through the game last year in utter disbelief and endured hazing at the hands of my neighbors and colleagues for 3 quarters. That 4th quarter delivered me from the constant reminders I was going to have to go through for a year. It caused some tension in the neighborhood. But I was on the right side of that one.  

This time I need it again Coach. Players, we can't be losing to Purdue. For my sake. Please, I beg you. 

Purdue has gained some confidence. They have attitude and a bit of fire. They have some direction now that they aren't playing QB carousel. They have an explosive WR. But Nebraska has an opportunity here. Winning cures all. Get that monkey off your back boys (for me..... please).  Thank you for the forum to vent.

I feel for you, in your situation. +1 for sympathy.:dunno 

I am sure the team will use your post as bulletin board material. :D

Just like on an airplane, in an emergency pressure loss situation, the huskers need to first save themselves, before they can save others. 

femaleO2masklg.jpg

• Plus1 1