*** Official Purdue Game Thread ***

Mavric

12 minutes ago, lo country said:

I’ll admit, I thought less than 7-5 would be a bust of a season.  Truly think we could go 1-11.  Gotta be a combination of talent, no depth, new scheme, staff and maybe more importantly a new conference.  Kids are learning.  Frost is learning and we have some serious players issues.  Buy in, mentally soft.  S&C improved guys across the board, but it compared them to themselves.  Not other teams.  

Patience and trust the system.....

I think the S&C comment is true. Guys were comparing themselves to last year. When they were bad.

Freshman QB, Freshman FG kicker, 50 new player, new system. As the year goes on I expect more young players to play since they'll know the system better.

I can see new players or players on the sidelines coming in next year and being better then who's playing now.

I doubt Jackson sees the field depending on recruiting.

2 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

Until we get a win, this negative ambush will continue.  This team right now has no belief it can win, nor will it until some things go right.  Martinez looks scared to run the ball.  He has had several zone read plays and handed the ball off.  He needs a good run and a few plays to go his way soon.

Martinez has kept the ball plenty of times

Just now, Nebhawk said:

Until we get a win, this negative ambush will continue.  This team right now has no belief it can win, nor will it until some things go right.  Martinez looks scared to run the ball.  He has had several zone read plays and handed the ball off.  He needs a good run and a few plays to go his way soon.

I agree.  It appears Frost has been unable to make a dent in establishing a winning culture at NU.  I realize it does not happen overnight, but I think most fans expected us to be more competitive against big competition and to play clean football.  I think we all need to recognize that he may not be as goof of a coach as advertised, and that is not to slight the wonderful season UCF had last year, but he had TWO seasons as a head coach...only two.  I am not saying he is not a good coach, but he is far from an elite coach that I think we all hoped for.  

• Plus1 1