*** Official Purdue Game Thread ***

Mavric

11 minutes ago, lo country said:

I think recruits see open positions all over the field.  They want to be a part of the ride 

This is the truth. If recruits are transferring from national championship caliber teams just to play, why wouldn't they come here to start?

Does anyone think the QB leaving Clemson will transfer to a better team? He'd rather play then sit on a championship team.

Just now, The Dude said:

Riley never had an 0-4 record and never lost to Purdue at home.  Blaming him for 4-8 is fair game.  Blaming him for this is getting kind of tedious.

It's Frost's job to have answers.

And had Riley managed an 8 win season last year and was still here even if he beat Purdue today we’d be closer to his retirement than we would to any sort of big ten title.

Frost will get the time to get his guys in here and get the time to grow and learn. 

• Plus1 1

I am struggling with all of this right now.  

First off, Frost needs time to get things right.  He needs more than 3 years.  He needs maybe all 7 years on that contract to get things the way it needs to be.

Second, I don't get the expectations that were put on this team for this season.  5-7 or 6-6 was the window for most realistic fans entering the season.  4-8 last year wasn't an accident.  Gebbia leaving wasn't an accident.  Its what kind of player that Riley brought onto this campus.  

Last-

In some ways, this is the karma we get for the karma we caused.  Fired coaches for winning 9 games a season on average for not being good enough or being mediocre in some eyes.  Firing a Coach after 3 seasons of nothing and expecting to hire another guy to completely clean up a mess thats been 5 years in the making.  I think Frost will do everything he can to get this thing on the right track.  If he is unable to do so, it says more about what this program is and has become, more than what one coach can or can not do.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 2
5 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

This is the truth. If recruits are transferring from national championship caliber teams just to play, why wouldn't they come here to start?

Does anyone think the QB leaving Clemson will transfer to a better team? He'd rather play then sit on a championship team.

I'm afraid we might be invisible to recruits at the moment.

• Fire 1
4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Riley never had an 0-4 record and never lost to Purdue at home.  Blaming him for 4-8 is fair game.  Blaming him for this is getting kind of tedious.

It's Frost's job to have answers.

You're just making up useless stats. We're riding in the Riley boat. At the end of last year we played worse then we are now. Woohoo Riley went 2-1 against Purdue by the skin of his teeth.

Ohio State also never had to punt against a Riley D.

I saw a team not only start fighting in the 4th, but a coach start benching underperformers.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, InOmaha said:

You're just making up useless stats. We're riding in the Riley boat. At the end of last year we played worse then we are now. Woohoo Riley went 2-1 against Purdue by the skin of his teeth.

Ohio State also never had to punt against a Riley D.

I saw a team not only start fighting in the 4th, but a coach start benching underperformers.

Let's be clear, Riley did a really bad job.  That doesn't make it okay for Frost to do worse.

• Thanks 1