*** Official Purdue Game Thread ***

Mavric

4 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

I'm afraid we might be invisible to recruits at the moment.

I disagree with this.  We need to find the right guys though.  I think you'll see Frost go with young guys that play disciplined.  On defense I see about 2 guys that play the way we need to.  There's lots of positions open to get time.  

• Plus1 2

17 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

And the Michigan game?

They might have, I don't know.....or some might have.

I think each and every game Frost will continue determining who can play for Nebraska and who can't.

It's not possible to turn the entire roster in an off season in college football.

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Let's be clear, Riley did a really bad job.  That doesn't make it okay for Frost to do worse.

He's not doing worse.

• Plus1 1

17 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I disagree with this.  We need to find the right guys though.  I think you'll see Frost go with young guys that play disciplined.  On defense I see about 2 guys that play the way we need to.  There's lots of positions open to get time.  

Yeah does some Oline player want to be a 2nd or 3rd string at Wisconsin or Ohio State or start at Nebraska?

Now take that at every position. The way to get better faster is to get those kids and play them. Then shoot for the 1st string guys.

We are 3-1 with Wisconsin's 2nd string Oline maybe even a couple of their 3rd string here and there.

4 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

When did Jackson leave?  I think right after his dancing with the stars move after a penalty.  I didn't see him the rest of the game.

Punting is bad, kicking bad, ST bad overall. Might be time to find another kicker.

The dude's a true freshman. Remember when we were saying the same things with Brown? How did he turn out?

Looking at UCF continue to win and play very well and seeing our start this year makes you wonder how much is the success due to the quality of players and how much is on coaching. In my honest opinion, the coaches have not been able to fix the two areas that Nebraska has struggled mightily over the past few years and that is penalties and special teams play. 

• Plus1 2
17 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

When did Jackson leave?  I think right after his dancing with the stars move after a penalty.  I didn't see him the rest of the game.

Punting is bad, kicking bad, ST bad overall. Might be time to find another kicker.

What's behind him?  I hate to have growing pains with someone else 

5 minutes ago, InOmaha said:

I didn't say kick him off the team. But as we slowly improve a made FG or two may be the difference. Look for an old school dual punter/kicker just in case.

I didn't say you did, but people were saying things during Brown's first year. "We need to find a new kicker, blah blah blah." But he was a pretty consistent weapon for us his last couple years. I'm just saying give him some time to get some experience in kicking in front of 90,000 people.

• Plus1 1