Credibility

There is a lot to excuse this year and I understand they are still limited on offense and a whole bunch of other stuff..

BUT when you constantly preach things like  "mistakes are ok but repeated mistakes get you benched" and then continue to not only start but give virtually all snaps to player(s) who continue to make the same blatantly obvious and drive crushing mistakes over and over again a MASSIVE credibility problem is being put forth right now with this staff that just gets worse game by game.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

They benched jackson and lindsey hardly played. Offensive line looked better after conrad went out.

I think the youth movement has started.

Jackson and Lindsey are a start (though not a youth movement and it isn't like that is new for them (especially for Jackson) to be replaced for bad play.. But Conrad was due to injury and illness not because they wanted to make a change. Do you really expect the starting line to not just go right back where it was to start the season when all five are available? 

None of this excuses the fact that there is a senior linebacker who can't tackle and is constantly out of position because he has zero concept of eye discipline. One player who play after play makes everything his teammates do irrelevant because he hands the opposing offense the ability to do whatever they want when they get themselves into the right match up where he has to make a play. 

When that one player continues to start and play virtually every snap the mantra of accountability falls flat.

Even Mark Banker, who had far less investment in the program than this staff benched Daniel Davie. I HATE calling out a specific player but Listen to Frost's press conference going on RIGHT NOW..  Hard to take it seriously when Dedrick Young is STILL your starting linebacker and plays virtually all of the snaps.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
33 minutes ago, Blackshirt316 said:

There is a lot to excuse this year and I understand they are still limited on offense and a whole bunch of other stuff..

BUT when you constantly preach things like  "mistakes are ok but repeated mistakes get you benched" and then continue to not only start but give virtually all snaps to player(s) who continue to make the same blatantly obvious and drive crushing mistakes over and over again a MASSIVE credibility problem is being put forth right now with this staff that just gets worse game by game.

We're 4 games in Ace.

1 minute ago, Blackshirt316 said:

Jackson and Lindsey are a start (though not a youth movement and it isn't like that is new for them (especially for Jackson) to be replaced for bad play.. But Conrad was due to injury and illness not because they wanted to make a change. Do you really expect the starting line to not just go right back where it was to start the season when all five are available? 

None of this excuses the fact that there is a senior linebacker who can't tackle and is constantly out of position because he has zero concept of eye discipline. One player who play after play makes everything his teammates do irrelevant because he hands the opposing offense the ability to do whatever they want when they get themselves into the right match up where he has to make a play. 

When that one player continues to start and play virtually every snap the mantra of accountability falls flat.

Even Mark Banker, who had far less investment in the program than this staff benched Daniel Davie. I HATE calling out a specific player but Listen to Frost's press conference going on RIGHT NOW..  Hard to take it seriously when Dedrick Young is STILL your starting linebacker and plays virtually all of the snaps.

I think this season is essentially over so there's no harm in it. If honas doesn't go down and barry doesn't get poked in the eye I'm not sure 5 sees much playing time. Youth movement was a bad choice in words maybe new player movement or whatever. 

I doubt jackson or lindsey get much more playing time. You cant ignore how bad conrad is anymore. I know he's a walk on and we live walk ons but this has happened 2 years in a row now when he goes out the team plays better. 

It would take a miracle to win more than 2 games this year play guys that shiw any promise and will be here next year. Play more freshmen/underclassmen and sell playing time to recruits.

• Plus1 1