What Did We Learn? Purdue

Waldo

5 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I thought they spent 9 months under the tutelage of Zack Duval learning how not to play "patty cake" on the field.  I don't know if you noticed but Mike Riley isn't the coach anymore.  

it's not duval's job to recruit talent. if you teach a turd can bench press 500 pounds, they're still a turd.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I learned that when these kids actually play with half an ounce of passion, this team can be good enough to win games.

For 90% of the games this year it's watching the other team do whatever the f#&% they want to do to us without any ounce of emotion from our players. 

Our kids obviously have talent, our coaches have talent, but neither are connecting right now and it is very obvious. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I thought they spent 9 months under the tutelage of Zack Duval learning how not to play "patty cake" on the field.  I don't know if you noticed but Mike Riley isn't the coach anymore.  

With the "patty cake" reference, I'll assume you're referencing my post.

Players often spent 2-3 years in the S&C program during the glory years.

Chill.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

In the presser Frost mentions backups dancing during kickoffs.  If he in any way meant NU kicking off, isn't that a thing they're doing?  Do we just do it when winning or with momentum?  I'm curious what he was thinking...or maybe he's just so full of emotion his mind isn't fully clear.

I do know some intent; stop dancing around and get to business.  The kickoff thing is a bit confusing as I would think the staff is in sync.  

In order to be competitive in most games a team must excel in one facet of football (their identify), and I learned that this team has no identity and currently does nothing well.  There are glimpses of some positives but those are overshadowed by so many negatives.  Are we a power football team?  No.  Are we a finesse team?  No.  Is our defense the team's strength?  No.  Can we count on special teams to give us an advantage in games?  No.  

1 hour ago, Day by Day said:

Loved hearing this. 

Ha... he mentioned the thing I asked about. Was Lamar Jackson pulled after he committed the penalty and danced? Did he play in the 2nd half? I'm not really a bag on Lamar Jackson person but he made so many mistakes and the dancing pissed me off. I also don't get pissed if the players smile on the sideline during a blowout, but on the gd field after you make a mistake? WTF?