Big Day For Ozigbo

Hayseed

22 hours ago, Mavric said:

Wasn't a fluke.  Good for Devine.

But I would expect some props for the offensive Line.  I think about 90% of his yards were before contact.

You mean like the multiple tackles he broke, the fact that ge was running people over, he concussed a guy by smoking him.   He needed more carries, more opportunities, you can't just go away from someone who is literally running over a defense. 

• Plus1 1

21 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Go back and read the Scott Frost Running Back room thread.....Ozigbo is slow short yardage back.

Riley wasted this kid on bench.  I’m glad he’s doing well.  He’s a grinder.

Short yardage back, 4th on depth chart, lucky to get 5 carries, ect.  I also remember getting crushed for saying he was co no1 2 weeks before the season.   Doesn't matter now the proof is on the field, just let that dude lead the team up and down the field. 

No one had a good game against Michigan - there was one particular run where he tried getting around the edge, but ended up getting run down for a 2 yard gain, instead of cutting up and burying a shoulder into the LB. He came at it hard yesterday and ran like a champ, super happy and impressed by his effort.  

19 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I'm here for some crow; I talked some junk about how Ziggy wouldn't be anything other than a short yardage back this year. Thank goodness he isn't, or this could be a lot worse than it is. 

good admission......a lot of folks said he was too slow and wouldn't get many touches or be a factor......the kid reminds me of Cory Sleschinger (sp), I touted the kid before the season started, he has always been a brusier, Riley just never saw his potential.

On 9/29/2018 at 9:14 PM, Mavric said:

But I would expect some props for the offensive Line.  I think about 90% of his yards were before contact.

Quickly re-watched the game last night.  

I was actually fairly happy with the O line.  On most plays, Martinez had good time in the pocket and they opened some holes for running plays.  Sure, they had some breakdowns every once in a while.  But, my opinion is that this loss should not be put on the O line.

• Plus1 3
36 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

good admission......a lot of folks said he was too slow and wouldn't get many touches or be a factor......the kid reminds me of Cory Sleschinger (sp), I touted the kid before the season started, he has always been a brusier, Riley just never saw his potential.

Right there with you.  I predicted he would be our #1 back after the spring game just based on the fact that he is a great changeup style player to compliment Spielman, Morgan, etc.  

Sorry to have to express this ... but Purdue Star power and D versus Michigan is a whole mother level lower.  So, I love how hard he ran, enjoy that our OL did well in general ... but I give some of that away to the weakness of Purdue.

It's really the same with all these teams scoring lots of points on us.  Are they that good or are we just that inept?  As stated in general by our coach and this board, we are perhaps the worst in the country at hurting ourselves.

5 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Sorry to have to express this ... but Purdue Star power and D versus Michigan is a whole mother level lower.  So, I love how hard he ran, enjoy that our OL did well in general ... but I give some of that away to the weakness of Purdue.

It's really the same with all these teams scoring lots of points on us.  Are they that good or are we just that inept?  As stated in general by our coach and this board, we are perhaps the worst in the country at hurting ourselves.

I don't think anyone is stating anything different.

It's been said many times...even from our coach...that we could have and should have beat 3 out of 4 teams we've played.

• Plus1 2
On 9/29/2018 at 9:14 PM, Mavric said:

I actually re watched this game and yes the o line definitely deserves some credit.  Oz had some creases that's for sure.  Nothing against Oz but there was definitely one of those runs that Bell or Washington would have housed but Oz was caught from behind.  Needless to say the big man made some pretty good cuts on Saturday and he didn't turn the ball over either.  He will not have the day he did against Wiscy that I can almost guarantee so we're going to need some speed back there this Saturday imo.  

Good job for Oz though.  He's a work horse and he doesn't give up on first contact that's for sure and I do love that about him.

Just goes to show that turnovers, penalties, and special teams are really what has made us 0-4 instead of 3-1.

One guy rushes for 170 yards and we had 582 yards of offense against Purdue. If you knew those stats ahead of time you'd swear it's a win for the 'skers for sure...but all of the stupid penalties and constantly being negative in the turnover margin is killing us.

Devine was a real champ on Saturday.

• Plus1 2