Riley’s Creampuff Recruiting

In the Colorado game our front seven looked very physical. In the following three games they didn't.

Our offensive line looked pretty physical against Colorado. Against Troy and Michigan they didn't, but against Purdue there were three drives where all five guys actually looked really physical, like they were on a mission to put some guys on their back. 

Against Purdue, a total failure on offense during the entire second quarter coupled with a lack of individual pass rushing efforts on defense lost the game. I'm past any kind of blame right now and am more interested in trying to analyze what this team needs to do to win games. And my answer is more consistency on offense (both from an execution and play calling standpoint) combined with better individual effort on defense.

• Plus1 1

*Sees topic title* 

*Notices that most of the replies are ignored content*

Yea, that makes sense. 

On topic: I don't necessarily know what context the term "creampuff" is being used in, but you do a disservice to the kids on the team that are working their asses off to try and right the ship. Are there a few kids who probably need to not see the field again this year? Sure. #21 on D can probably sit, as can #67 on offense. Go ahead and call Mo Barry a creampuff, though. Damion Daniels, JD Spielman and Ben Stille, too. 

• Plus1 1

I don't know what other people are saying but I'm sure you can classify players as being different calibers suited to different levels of play without calling them creampuffs. There are tough players who just don't measure up to the size and speed of the NCAA top ten just as there are great college players, Crouch and Frazier, who never did anything in the NFL. There are mid-major players who are very talented but just cannot hold up to the physical abuse of the league....they look speedy and talented as a mofo against a similarly talented team like we just played, but look like a rented mule against Ohio State. This is stating the obvious. There's a reason Riley is lifetime .500......that's all I have to say about it.

12 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I honestly don’t believe Lamar is weak.  I think he isn’t playing the correct position

He's definitely out of position, but it is  the one condition as to why he's in Lincoln in the 1st place. Many other schools were going to play him elsewhere, but he gave Nebraska his pledge because they promised him he'd be a cornerback exclusively.