Mohamed Barry

suh_fan93

He and Bootle are very good players.  They need a lot of help.  Not having big Mick hurt us.  He commands double teams on most pass plays and that could have opened up some pass rush for other guys.

Defensive Guys that ball out at 100%

DiCaprio Bootle

Mo Barry

Mick Stoltenberg

Luke Gifford

Ben Stille (limited athletically but plays hard as hell)

Just now, MacNCheeze said:

Please tell me hes a freshman

Junior

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

He and Bootle are very good players.  They need a lot of help.  Not having big Mick hurt us.  He commands double teams on most pass plays and that could have opened up some pass rush for other guys.

DiCaprio Bootle

Mo Barry

Mick Stoltenberg

Luke Gifford

Junior

Boot is the man, man. Loved the way he played and has been playing. He makes young guy mistakes but he corrects them. He got hit with the PI because he didn't look for the ball, but every time after that he whipped that head around. Its refreshing to see.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

Boot is the man, man. Loved the way he played and has been playing. He makes young guy mistakes but he corrects them. He got hit with the PI because he didn't look for the ball, but every time after that he whipped that head around. Its refreshing to see.

I noticed that too.  He has the speed and quickness to cover close, and after that one instance where he didn't look back, he was lights out the rest of the game.

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

DiCaprio Bootle

Mo Barry

Mick Stoltenberg

Luke Gifford

Junior

Gifford is probably an OK player but not much of a difference maker.  His pass rushing is uninspired. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Gifford is probably an OK player but not much of a difference maker.  His pass rushing is uninspired. 

Agreed.  And he said as much in his post game presser.  

He's the perfect example of a great team player, but more production is needed from his position.

Frost has to take care of that on the recruiting trail.  Gifford is probably at his ceiling.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Agreed.  And he said as much in his post game presser.  

He's the perfect example of a great team player, but more production is needed from his position.

Frost has to take care of that on the recruiting trail.  Gifford is probably at his ceiling.

I saw his post game comment so went back and watched him in Purdue and Colorado game.  My first thought was dang it's easy to earn a scholarship, not much work required.  When he had one blocker to beat on pass rush there was no effort to get around the blocker and try to hurry the QB.  Maybe his role is only to contain the QB but that doesn't jibe with his comments.  He didn't do a good job containing Blough at start of 2nd qtr.  Most runs his way he was easily blocked and someone else made the tackle.  I'm just not sure why others think he's doing a good job or playing hard.:dunno.  I really think we might only have 1 or 1 1/2 dudes on defense.

• Plus1 1