Will we beat Bethune Cookman?

I think the Huskers have talent. I have faith that Coach Frost is the guy to turn this around. I just think when he said it would be a 2-3 year project, he knew what he was talking aobut.

Of course my thread title is a little sarcastic, but seriously, are there any sure wins on the schedule...or if not sure wins...any that we are more likely than not to win? Well, other than Bethune Cookman. Thoughts? 

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

BCU and Illinois are games we should win and I expect to be much improved with the sloppy play by November

agree, these are the only remaining games we have a realistic chance to win.....2-10 would not be much of a season....but all i wanted to see is steady improved play, so far through 4 games i don't even see that! i think Scott is at the "end of his rope"........unfortunately he has no realistic 2 deep guys at many positions...it's a bitch, some spots he will still have to play some of the "offenders" just to suit up a team....i am sure he is already working on recruiting for next season.....we need help.

Yes, this is really beginning to look like a 3-4 year project.   I had hoped that coaching alone would get us to 6 wins this year but that we would be a 7-8 win team this year with the goal of next year being 10-12 win team.  Well next year will be year one it appears.  Not until Frost gets his guys throughout the 2 deep roster will he be able to have more control over the outcome.

Now I understand his anger over how far the previous admin and coaching staff allowed the program to fall.  I'm sure Moos and other insiders told him (besides what he could observe from afar) had bad it was.  He also probably saw it in his first team meetings and then reality hits with the first S&C drills.  This team has gotten soft, use to loosing, and is very undisciplined.  It will take more than 1 year to correct this culture and get back to the Husker Power way.  Patience is the optimal word at this point.

Still depends on if we kill ourselves with penalties and turnovers to me. Those 2 things are the difference between our  0-4 record and 3-1 or 2-2  . If we can get that fixed,  or even cut down there’s no reason we can’t compete with and beat  Illinois, northwestern , BC, Minnesota, and even Iowa .