Will we beat Bethune Cookman?

On 10/21/2018 at 6:25 AM, ScottyIce said:

I can’t believe the weak mentality so many of us have. Someone made this comment a couple weeks ago recruiting, I didn’t believe it. But they were right. One of these steps for our fan base is to stop thinking everything is so damn impossible.

It might be "seeing it as impossible" (on winning in Columbus against OSU).

But it is also acknowledging that right now many people, myself included, just don't think the Huskers are where they need to be, mentally, physically, or from a talent/depth perspective to win.  I think we'll get there, but we're not there yet.  If I am wrong, so be it...but I need to actually see us play well in a big game, on the big stage, before I can have any real confidence.  In case you have forgotten, Ohio State put 56 on us last season and 62 in 2016.  In other words, we (as Nebraska fans) have good reasons to be worried about getting bent over and shown the fifty states.

7 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

It might be "seeing it as impossible" (on winning in Columbus against OSU).

But it is also acknowledging that right now many people, myself included, just don't think the Huskers are where they need to be, mentally, physically, or from a talent/depth perspective to win.  I think we'll get there, but we're not there yet.  If I am wrong, so be it...but I need to actually see us play well in a big game, on the big stage, before I can have any real confidence.  In case you have forgotten, Ohio State put 56 on us last season and 62 in 2016.  In other words, we (as Nebraska fans) have good reasons to be worried about getting bent over and shown the fifty states.

I’m not worried about where we “need” to be. I’m worried about where we are.

• 2 weeks later...