Will we beat Bethune Cookman?

9 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you're Bethune-Cookman, you'd be looking at Nebraska and telling your team "winnable game.""

You'd think that would be bulletin board fodder for Nebraska, but it kinda has the opposite affect. 

I think with evenly matched opponents the bulletin board stuff probably matters more but there’s no way BC is an evenly matched opponent so I don’t think it will matter much what is said from either side . 

On 9/30/2018 at 7:06 PM, California Husker said:

I think the Huskers have talent. I have faith that Coach Frost is the guy to turn this around. I just think when he said it would be a 2-3 year project, he knew what he was talking aobut.

Of course my thread title is a little sarcastic, but seriously, are there any sure wins on the schedule...or if not sure wins...any that we are more likely than not to win? Well, other than Bethune Cookman. Thoughts? 

Yes. We will win some games. And no one is leaving this room until we figure out how. 

:snacks:

On 9/30/2018 at 8:14 PM, HuskerJax said:

Pfft, hell yes! Calling my shot right now, we beat Wisconsin this week!  It all starts now.......maybe I should sober up before Monday comes along....

Don't sober up.  I like those drunky predictions. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think we'll be in every game except Ohio St. Good chance to win a couple. Honestly, maybe even Iowa. If they keep improving.

Scott says everything flipped a couple of weeks ago. I'm trying to look at it like a new season from this point and pretending the first 5 games are last year. Draw a line through it. What I saw today (and to a lesser extent last week) was something different. The worm is turning.

Honestly, wouldn't beating Iowa be AWESOME right now? After all the crap about the beer fridge and stuff, wouldn't it be fun to be the pesky upstart that f-cks up someone else's season for a change?

• Plus1 1