Depth Chart Changes

18 hours ago, Thanks_Tom RR said:

I think you answered why some players are not getting PT cut while others are...depth and injuries.

HCSF addressed that directly in the post game presser.  He said that due to depth some positions were seeing little change in personnel. (Not exactly those words, but it was clear what he was saying).

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hmmm....let's see.  A lineman standing still falls over for a penalty.

A punter on a wet day plants his foot and slips.....and still has a decent punt out of it considering the slip.

No, they aren't similar.

Agree.

They both fell down. That's as far as I analyzed it. I bet you're fun at parties. You remind me of the Patton Oswalt bit about Germans not understanding jokes and bringing everything to a grinding halt. 

16 hours ago, knapplc said:

That is clearly not what happened with Cotton.

K.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
19 hours ago, knapplc said:

Mike Caputo

Basically, you could go through the O & D Line rosters from the Pelini and Riley eras and find guys that were mostly unremarkable. 

Caputo is probably most notable for being the guy who stepped on T-Mart's ankle during the A&M game.

Youth movement on offense but not on defense?

Looking at the depth chart, we have 

Offense:

Seniors 5 (4 starters)

Juniors 4 (0 starters)

Sophomores 8 (5 starters)

Freshmen 7 (2 starters)

Defense:

Seniors 7 (5 starters)

Juniors 9 (4 starters)

Sophomores 6 (2 starters)

Freshmen 4 (0 starters)

That junior class appears to be a real stinker on offense.  This actually gives me a lot of hope for the future of our offense.  These young kids are getting a lot of playing time to grow and develop as players.

10 hours ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Damn. We’re defending kickers now?  I don’t recognize the world anymore. 

I am not going to the previous screen to see what was posted. But when a kid has a full ride scholarship to be a kicker. His lone job is to kick the ball through the goal post and it looks like what we saw the other day. I am pretty discouraged that is the best we can get for the six figures it cost to go to school. I could see if it was a nice looking kick that fell short at the goal line or something because he just doesnt have the leg for 54 yards. But that is not what it looked like.

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I am not going to the previous screen to see what was posted. But when a kid has a full ride scholarship to be a kicker. His lone job is to kick the ball through the goal post and it looks like what we saw the other day. I am pretty discouraged that is the best we can get for the six figures it cost to go to school. I could see if it was a nice looking kick that fell short at the goal line or something because he just doesnt have the leg for 54 yards. But that is not what it looked like.

Don't go down this road with me.  It's wrought with peril.  We do not criticize.

Unless it's to call for someone to be benched or have their scholarship pulled.  That's ok.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Hmmm....it landed right in front of the center post and almost on the end line of the end zone.

Seems to me to be a kick that was perfect in direction but just not enough leg to get it there on a 54 yard attempt.

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hmmm....it landed right in front of the center post and almost on the end line of the end zone.

Seems to me to be a kick that was perfect in direction but just not enough leg to get it there on a 54 yard attempt.

It was an ugly kick that was spinning sideways instead of end-over-end like it's supposed to.  It started out 15 feet wide right and sliced back toward the middle.

I don't think too many people expected him to make it but it was nothing close to a well-struck kick.  It might have landed on the end line but on that trajectory it would have had to be AT LEAST 20 yards longer to have a chance to be good.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

13 minutes ago, Toe said:

We're lucky that they didn't have someone back there to catch it and go 'kick-six' on us.

That's what I was worried about when we first sent him out there to even try.  I was fairly certain he didn't have the leg to get it there.  

Luckily they didn't watch the Alabama/Auburn game from a couple years ago.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

That's what I was worried about when we first sent him out there to even try.  I was fairly certain he didn't have the leg to get it there.  

Luckily they didn't watch the Alabama/Auburn game from a couple years ago.

Or pregame warmups

• Plus1 3