Huskers Hold Players-Only Meeting

Mavric

I think I heard an audible CLICK sound. Maybe they just got it.

And we are going to get better from here.

Seems weird to say, but I left the stadium feeling like garbage and then I heard Scott talk after the game. And then I heard today's presser. And now I hear this. I am feeling a little better.

It's homer to no end to feel good at 0-4, but, strange as it is to say this, I feel better right now than I did after last year's win over Purdue.

Go figure.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, tmfr15 said:

It's homer to no end to feel good at 0-4, but, strange as it is to say this, I feel better right now than I did after last year's win over Purdue.

Go figure.

I've had plenty of good feelings after press conferences and during the off-season. But I haven't felt good after watching a Husker game in over two calendar years. I'm still all-in on Scott Frost and hopeful for the future, but until the real results start coming, it's difficult to get excited about press conferences, coach-speak, sound bites, or players-only meetings anymore. 

It's a malaise. I know we'll get out of it, but without knowing when (and this week being unlikely), the enthusiasm is getting harder to muster.

• Plus1 2
14 minutes ago, tmfr15 said:

I think I heard an audible CLICK sound. Maybe they just got it.

And we are going to get better from here.

Seems weird to say, but I left the stadium feeling like garbage and then I heard Scott talk after the game. And then I heard today's presser. And now I hear this. I am feeling a little better.

Go figure.

This....

It feels weird, but I feel optimistic about how this will all play out.  Watching our past few teams play I never thought we would be much better than average.  Even when we would win a game nothing looked like it would ever amount to much.  Seeing the guys play this year I see flashes of something that could be pretty special, but it is not sustained for very long.  That will change and things will take off for this team. Maybe not as soon as I was hoping but I can see a unity of purpose coming on this team, and if your are not N then they will get off the boat.  Plus we have a QB that is going to be pretty special, that always helps things out.   

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

This....

It feels weird, but I feel optimistic about how this will all play out.  Watching our past few teams play I never thought we would be much better than average.  Even when we would win a game nothing looked like it would ever amount to much.  Seeing the guys play this year I see flashes of something that could be pretty special, but it is not sustained for very long.  That will change and things will take off for this team. Maybe not as soon as I was hoping but I can see a unity of purpose coming on this team, and if your are not N then they will get off the boat.  Plus we have a QB that is going to be pretty special, that always helps things out.   

I get more optimistic the further I get from watching Saturday futility.  It usually peaks around 5 minutes before game time.

Very few issues, other than the games.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Ulty said:

I've had plenty of good feelings after press conferences and during the off-season. But I haven't felt good after watching a Husker game in over two calendar years. I'm still all-in on Scott Frost and hopeful for the future, but until the real results start coming, it's difficult to get excited about press conferences, coach-speak, sound bites, or players-only meetings anymore. 

It's a malaise. I know we'll get out of it, but without knowing when (and this week being unlikely), the enthusiasm is getting harder to muster.

I agree. We need results not talk. The players only meeting is a good step- we havnt heard that one yet. But We have heard plenty of talk at press conferences from players saying its on us blah blah and no change. So lets see if this meeting can spark something different. The only criticism I have is that it was relaxed. If you have personal pride and a desire to excel how can a meeting after dropping to 0-4 be relaxed. Get some fire and chew some ass.

• Plus1 1

This doesn’t affect my thoughts at all. There are a few things I think I know;

1- Frost is the best guy and maybe the only guy that can get this deal turned around.

2- Correcting 15 years of culture destruction, especially these last 4 years, is not and never was going to be a quick or easy job.

3- His job is not in jeopardy, this year or next year, no matter the results, so it is a complete waste of energy to get too wound up over disappointing results before 2020.

4- We still have some serious bumps in the road to experience.

4- We’ll get there when we get there. Like Scott, I know where this thing is headed. No doubt in my mind.

All we can do as fans is to grin and bear it until things do start to take off. Hope for the best and expect the worst would still seem prudent. I plan to stay engaged and positive so I am there to witness the transformation because it will be something to see.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 3
5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

This doesn’t affect my thoughts at all. There are a few things I think I know;

1- Frost is the best guy and maybe the only guy that can get this deal turned around.

2- Correcting 15 years of culture destruction, especially these last 4 years, is not and never was going to be a quick or easy job.

3- His job is not in jeopardy, this year or next year, no matter the results, so it is a complete waste of energy to get too wound up over disappointing results before 2020.

4- We still have some serious bumps in the road to experience.

4- We’ll get there when we get there. Like Scott, I know where this thing is headed. No doubt in my mind.

All we can do as fans is to grin and bear it until things do start to take off. Hope for the best and expect the worst would still seem prudent. I plan to stay engaged and positive so I am there to witness the transformation because it will be something to see.

Im with you. I am not upset with Frost at all. I am upset we have let ourselves slip to being so dang bad. Its a shame we have let ourselves go so bad that Frost has such a huge rebuild.

• Fire 2