Huskers Hold Players-Only Meeting

Mavric

Late hits out of bounds, roughing the passer, pushing another player because he pushed you first,. These have to stop. Is their anyone running the stadium stairs, extra wind sprints.

If all their getting is harsh words, why would you care about losing your cool.

They lost 3 games because of, most of those penalties. The turn overs can be over come with some smarter play.

Each week it looks like they are starting to get it, then a turn over or a penalty kills a drive, and all the wind is taken out of them.  D doesn't step up and say we got this, instead they start missing assignments and drawing penalties. 

Is this on the coaches, or the players ?  How do you get their attention ?

GBR!!!

On 10/1/2018 at 3:29 PM, Toe said:

That's why I keep saying that forums like this are better off with just a +1 button and no others. It's also simpler, I mean, we've got separate buttons for +1, upvote, thank you, and haha. But if you think about it, a single +1 or like button is enough to cover all four of those - it just says 'I liked that'. Keep it simple, stupid. Meanwhile, what good does having negative reactions like an eyeroll do, really? To me, it's little more than a passive-aggressive source of tension and drama - it's not like we need more of that. Plus it also leads to 'what did I do to deserve that?' moments like the case you mentioned.

I gave you an eyeroll just because...:D

Personally, I really like the additional options.

On 10/1/2018 at 3:44 PM, JJ Husker said:

This doesn’t affect my thoughts at all. There are a few things I think I know;

1- Frost is the best guy and maybe the only guy that can get this deal turned around.

2- Correcting 15 years of culture destruction, especially these last 4 years, is not and never was going to be a quick or easy job.

3- His job is not in jeopardy, this year or next year, no matter the results, so it is a complete waste of energy to get too wound up over disappointing results before 2020.

4- We still have some serious bumps in the road to experience.

4- We’ll get there when we get there. Like Scott, I know where this thing is headed. No doubt in my mind.

All we can do as fans is to grin and bear it until things do start to take off. Hope for the best and expect the worst would still seem prudent. I plan to stay engaged and positive so I am there to witness the transformation because it will be something to see.

My thoughts exactly! I can not believe how many so called "fans" are already dissing Frost and this team. This did not happen overnight and it will not change overnight. Did many folks think this was just going to be "wave a wand" and it is fixed? We have the best man for the job now, how bout' we give him and his coaches some time for this.

• Fire 1

On 10/1/2018 at 3:44 PM, JJ Husker said:

This doesn’t affect my thoughts at all. There are a few things I think I know;

1- Frost is the best guy and maybe the only guy that can get this deal turned around.

2- Correcting 15 years of culture destruction, especially these last 4 years, is not and never was going to be a quick or easy job.

3- His job is not in jeopardy, this year or next year, no matter the results, so stop spewing your BS, as if this is the same scenario as we found ourselves in, with past few coaching staffs. It does no good, and actually promotes division. Yes, its great for the press, yet crappy for the team!

4- We still have some serious bumps in the road to experience.

4- We’ll get there when we get there. Like Scott, I know where this thing is headed. No doubt in my mind.

All we can do as fans is to grin and bear it until things do start to take off. Hope for the best and expect the worst would still seem prudent. I plan to stay engaged and positive so I am there to witness the transformation because it will be something to see.

This above +1, but I had to 

modify a tidbit.

• Fire 1

Our scoring defense to date is 38.8 ppg.  This same staff at UCF gave up 25.3 ppg across all games in 2017 and a staggering 29.3 at home...my only concern with this hire was bringing on a questionable staff on the defensive side.  SF is the man for the job...but he may have to make some staff changes along with time to get the 'culture' back to where it needs to be.  I don't want to be too negative but the numbers don't lie.  I have no doubt that on the offensive side we are headed in the right direction but the D and ST...my goodness :(

http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/team/128/scoring/defense/split.html

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-points-per-game

• Plus1 2
50 minutes ago, HIHusker said:

Our scoring defense to date is 38.8 ppg.  This same staff at UCF gave up 25.3 ppg across all games in 2017 and a staggering 29.3 at home...my only concern with this hire was bringing on a questionable staff on the defensive side.  SF is the man for the job...but he may have to make some staff changes along with time to get the 'culture' back to where it needs to be.  I don't want to be too negative but the numbers don't lie.  I have no doubt that on the offensive side we are headed in the right direction but the D and ST...my goodness :(

http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/team/128/scoring/defense/split.html

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/opponent-points-per-game

I'm not ready to get rid of Chinander.  There is virtually no talent on defense.  The secondary stinks.  The inside linebackers stink.  The outside linebackers can't get pressure on the QB.  It's tough to blitz when your corners can't cover their own shadows.  That side of the ball needs a serious influx of talent before we can grade Chinander appropriately.  

• Plus1 1

Husker fans being husker fans. Already wanting to fire a coach after 4 damn games:facepalm: Heres a weird idea, how about we actually try to have a little stability and keep these coaches around and let them get their own players in and develop them. I know its a weird idea for some but the way of firing coaches after 2-3 years hasnt been working so lets try a different way. 

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 1