Why we can't win...

3 hours ago, Redux said:

I would have preferred 99 Red balloons 

The German or English version? :D

49 minutes ago, Toe said:

Africa is probably one of the most misquoted songs out there, but I don't think I've heard that particular misquote before...

Good catch. "I bless the rains"

Va Tech rocks Sandman and other songs that actually promote testosterone. We hold hands and sway to "blessed rains in Africa".

"Africa" rocks about as much as Mike Reilly creates tough football players. I've been around music/bands/bars/sports for over 30 years. There are songs that promote energy (and fights in bars) and songs that CALM people down. Tell me how many bar fights start while "Africa" is playing. Sandman starts fights. Africa stops them. You don't even need bouncers as long as the DJ has a copy of "Africa" ready-to-go.

• Plus1 1

40 minutes ago, bobsmithers said:

Va Tech rocks Sandman and other songs that actually promote testosterone. We hold hands and sway to "blessed rains in Africa".

"Africa" rocks about as much as Mike Reilly creates tough football players. I've been around music/bands/bars/sports for over 30 years. There are songs that promote energy (and fights in bars) and songs that CALM people down. Tell me how many bar fights start while "Africa" is playing. Sandman starts fights. Africa stops them. You don't even need bouncers as long as the DJ has a copy of "Africa" ready-to-go.

Do I have to tell you again? 

Speaking of the PA (and the big screen and the fireworks and the ads).  It's.Never.Going.To.Stop.  

The place is like an event that attempts to make the game about the third thing down the line in attention and importance.

New guy from Scottsbluff behind me two years ago:  "What's all this for?"  How do you tell a guy to ignore something that is too loud to even let you say something without shouting? 

How precious the few quiet times between the blaring announcements and strange presentations of people (like me) who did their military service and were done with it (yes proudly, but just like any other job:  why brag about it let alone have an announcer brag about you to 90 thousand people at a sports event?  Let it go, guys). 

And the "music."  Let the band play music.  All of it.  

Not going to happen.  I know. 

Weezer's version of Africa is a pretty straightforward cover of the original, it brings nothing new to the song. Unimaginative. I wanna like a crazy symphonic metal version of it or something.

• Plus1 1